Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Regency

In input box's...

2 posts in this topic

Is it possible for an input box to remember a acct name or a password you entered? Like if i enter Regency in to the input box. and run the prog. then exit it.. and when i open it i hit R and it pops up a lil window thing saying regency and it remembers the password to the acct?

No code yet.. I am just wondering.. I have a prog working right now.. trying to see if this would work.. I am testing it somehow.. but anyone else got any ideas?

Is it possible for an input box to remember a acct name or a password you entered? Like if i enter Regency in to the input box. and run the prog. then exit it.. and when i open it i hit R and it pops up a lil window thing saying regency and it remembers the password to the acct?

No code yet.. I am just wondering.. I have a prog working right now.. trying to see if this would work.. I am testing it somehow.. but anyone else got any ideas?

Yes this can be done.

Basically your script needs to do the following steps

Before your script exits save the value of the input box to the registry or an ini file using RegWrite() or IniWrite(). If it is a password you should really do some sort of encryption on it before saving it if possible for anyone else to have access to your computer. Have a look at _StringEncrypt() in <String.au3> UDF to learn how to do this.

When your script starts it should read the saved values from the registry or an ini file using RegRead() or IniRead() using _StringEncrypt() to decrypt the values if necessary. You should then set the values read as the default values for your input boxes.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook