Having trouble running Autoit from a second user session.

robry

I'm fairly new to Autoit, and am trying to set up a Windows XP home edition system with AutoIt running in a second user session.

Basically, what I am trying to do is boot up the computer, start an Autoit script, then log off (by way of the windows fast-user-switching option), and log onto a second user account (while the AutoIt script continues to run a variety of tasks in the first user account).

Trouble is, the AutoIt script seams to loose the console for its basic "Send" and "MouseClick" commands. I tried switching to the "ControlSend" and "ControlClick" commands with some success, but still having lots of problems.

My questions... has anyone else found a better way to do this? Would it work better under Windows XP Pro? (am considering the upgrade but worried I'd spend the time & effort only to find XP Pro had the same limitation). Would it work better in Vista? Is there some sort of console-imitating utility (or other software fix) out there that could correct the problem? Or is there a simple workaround burried in the AutoIt help files that I am blindly missing?

I would be thankful for any help anyone could give me.

Thanks for the thought, but doesn't seem to work. Using "runas" seems to want to work in whatever user session I am in (regardless of the "/user:" it points to.

And if I try to run a script, then log off to another user session, the script (that remains in the first user session) still looses its ability to recognize "Send" and "MouseClick" commands.

just a tip:

You could use the windows command 'runas' - would save you the trouble of logging into another account just to start a script.

runas /user:NAMEOFACCOUNT executable.exe