Sign in to follow this  
SRAutomater

ExcelCOM_UDF...

Hi everyone,

I have an excel spreadsheet I would like to turn into some pie charts. I am having trouble selecting noncontiguous ranges though.

In the first row, I have a header: name, state1,state2, state3, etc. The subsequent rows contain the name of each individual, and a number under each state.

If I do:

$obj = _ExcelBookOpen($FilePath)
Local $FrequencyChart = $obj.Charts.Add 
With $FrequencyChart
  .SetSourceData($obj.Worksheets("").Range($obj.Worksheets("SE" ).Cells(1, 2), $obj.Worksheets("SE" ).Cells(2, 7)))
EndWith

Then everything works fine for the first person, and the slices of the pie get labeled correctly: state1, state2, state3, etc. I want to make a graph for each person though so I need to select 1,2 through 1, 7 and also x,2 through x,7. So I need help with either, make a non-contiguous selection, or changing the labels on the datasets afterwards. Any ideas?

Hi everyone,

I have an excel spreadsheet I would like to turn into some pie charts. I am having trouble selecting noncontiguous ranges though.

In the first row, I have a header: name, state1,state2, state3, etc. The subsequent rows contain the name of each individual, and a number under each state.

If I do:

$obj = _ExcelBookOpen($FilePath)
Local $FrequencyChart = $obj.Charts.Add 
With $FrequencyChart
  .SetSourceData($obj.Worksheets("").Range($obj.Worksheets("SE" ).Cells(1, 2), $obj.Worksheets("SE" ).Cells(2, 7)))
EndWith

Then everything works fine for the first person, and the slices of the pie get labeled correctly: state1, state2, state3, etc. I want to make a graph for each person though so I need to select 1,2 through 1, 7 and also x,2 through x,7. So I need help with either, make a non-contiguous selection, or changing the labels on the datasets afterwards. Any ideas?

I got it to work this way:

$header = $obj.Worksheets("Statistics").Range("a1:g1")
$data =   $obj.Worksheets("Statistics").Range("a2:g2")
$obj.Charts.Add.setSourceData($obj.Union($header, $data))