Inputbox and variables

benners

I am having problems trying to get the desired text showing in an input box.

My Aim is to get the currently selected index of a listview, read a string from the subitem of the selected index and display it as the default for the inputbox. When I specifically state the index # the text displays but when I use a variable nothing is displayed.

#include <GUIListView.au3>

Dim $CurIndex
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=C:\Form2.kxf
$Form2 = GUICreate("Form2", 413, 262, 366, 227)
$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Filename|Display|MST|CmdLine", 24, 24, 361, 169)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, 0x101E, 0, 70)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, 0x101E, 1, 50)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, 0x101E, 2, 50)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, 0x101E, 3, 187)
$ListView1_0 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("wscript.exe|||//B ..\Office_2003\OTG\offverlog.vbs", $ListView1)
_GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($ListView1, 0)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Add CmdLine", 304, 208, 80, 25, 0)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        case $Button1
            $CurIndex = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($ListView1)
            MsgBox(0, 'Currently Selected', 'Item Index = ' & $CurIndex)
        ; works.
            $var = InputBox('Command Line Parameters', 'This works and shows the text', _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView1, 0, 3))
        ; Doesn't work.
            $var = InputBox('Command Line Parameters', 'This does not and string is blank', _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView1, $CurIndex, 3))             
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Is this:

1. A bug.

2. Intended

3. PICNIA error?.

Thanks

I am having problems trying to get the desired text showing in an input box.

My Aim is to get the currently selected index of a listview, read a string from the subitem of the selected index and display it as the default for the inputbox. When I specifically state the index # the text displays but when I use a variable nothing is displayed.

#include <GUIListView.au3>

Dim $CurIndex
#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=C:\Form2.kxf
$Form2 = GUICreate("Form2", 413, 262, 366, 227)
$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Filename|Display|MST|CmdLine", 24, 24, 361, 169)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, 0x101E, 0, 70)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, 0x101E, 1, 50)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, 0x101E, 2, 50)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, 0x101E, 3, 187)
$ListView1_0 = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("wscript.exe|||//B ..\Office_2003\OTG\offverlog.vbs", $ListView1)
_GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($ListView1, 0)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Add CmdLine", 304, 208, 80, 25, 0)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        case $Button1
            $CurIndex = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($ListView1)
            MsgBox(0, 'Currently Selected', 'Item Index = ' & $CurIndex)
    ; works.
            $var = InputBox('Command Line Parameters', 'This works and shows the text', _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView1, 0, 3))
    ; Doesn't work.
            $var = InputBox('Command Line Parameters', 'This does not and string is blank', _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView1, $CurIndex, 3))             
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Is this:

1. A bug.

2. Intended

3. PICNIA error?.

Thanks

You need to read the info heading the function _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices. The return is not an integer it's a string since you haven't given the second parameter.

So instead of

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView1, $CurIndex, 3)

you need

$ItemArray = StringSplit($CurIndex,"|")

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView1, $ItemArray [1], 3);assuming $ItemArray [0] > 0

But then it would be easier to use

$CurIndex = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($ListView1,true)

and then

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView1, $CurIndex[1], 3);assuming $CurIndex [0] > 0

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

You need to read the info heading the function _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices. The return is not an integer it's a string since you haven't given the second parameter.

So instead of

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView1, $CurIndex, 3)

you need

$ItemArray = StringSplit($CurIndex,"|")

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView1, $ItemArray [1], 3);assuming $ItemArray [0] > 0

But then it would be easier to use

$CurIndex = _GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($ListView1,true)

and then

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView1, $CurIndex[1], 3);assuming $CurIndex [0] > 0

Because it's a string!!!, sheesh when you say it like that its simple :"> what this AutoIt thingy needs is a help file where people can look up these things .... wait there is one :)

I honestly did RTFM but the penny didn't drop until you mentioned it. I kept seeing the 0 and thought, well its returning zero why wont it work?. Once again, because it's a string!!

Thanks for the reply.