Run() Returned GetLastError of 267

PsaltyDS

I am prompting the user for a local account's password that will be used with RunAsSet.

I get the password, get re-entry to verify, then I want to test it by making a RunAsSet()/Run() call.

Not wanting the script to crash if the user just makes a mistake in the PW, I set Opt("RunErrorsFatal", 0).

When I execute the test:

Run(@ComSpec " /k ver.exe", @TempDir, @SW_SHOW)

The console window never opens, and I get @error = 1 and @extended = 267.

According to MSDN: System Error Codes (0-499):

ERROR_DIRECTORY

0x10B

The directory name is invalid.

Directory? What directory? :)

Am I looking this up in the wrong place?

To make sure I didn't just enter the wrong password (it is a long/complex password), I typed it into a Notepad window and copy/pasted from there. I right-clicked on notepad in the start menu and selected "Run as", then entered the user name and Ctrl-v pasted the password in. It worked fine. But when I Ctrl-v pasted the same password to my script's input box, I get the @error = 1 and @extended = 267 when it tries to Run().

Are there invalid characters that will throw off a password when passed from InputBox() to variable to RunAsSet()?

A debug MsgBox() inserted in the script shows the password is, in fact, correct.

Now what? How should I troubleshoot this?

:)

P.S. Temporarily reset the user account password to just "password" and still got the same errors. ^_^

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Developers

I assume that @tempdir is the temp directory of the original user and not accessible by the RunAsSet account.

Did you check what its value is ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I assume that @tempdir is the temp directory of the original user and not accessible by the RunAsSet account.

Did you check what its value is ?

No, but I had originally left it defaulted, just added that to see if it helped. I'll try it with C:\Temp explicit to see if it helps.

Just a sec...

^_^

...sure enough, that fixed it!

Thanks for the quick tip!

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law