Sign in to follow this  
sulfurious

Unicode registry to .au3

Greetings.

I decided I needed a better registry converter than the one I was using. I wrote this one. It uses unicode files at the moment. I was tired of converting to 9x Ascii. Eventually I wish to build in code for Ascii as well, as some of the routines are different. I hope to rewrite my reg to inf app as well. Too bad AutoIT doesn't support all reg data types yet.

Anyway, here is the script. I have attached a sample reg file as well, that has lot's of unique values. n7epsilon over at ryanvm's forum shared the first portion with me a couple years ago, and it is a really good file to test routines on.

Please let me know how it works.

Later. Sul.

EDIT: add routine for enabling [-HKEY and =- values. Not parsed yet, but next step.

EDIT: attached .rar file including .au3 and 2 reg files.SG_RegTool.rar

Edited by sulfurious

Yes, right now the script expects that line to exist as exported. I am nearly done with the next stage, which includes many changes. Should be a day or two and I will update the code.

Thanks for the heads up. I have changed that portion of code.

Sul.

Fixed many issues. Current attached archive has the script, and 2 reg files, one to merge, and the other that the script uses. The script does not actually execute any write or delete operations, that part is commented out.

It returns 3 arrays, one with the writes, one with the reads, and one with the existing values that have been read.

There is inclusion for outputting to a file if uncommented.

Critique's welcome.

Sul.