Sign in to follow this  
speeder

Show Download Time InetGet

When i am downloading a file with InetGet i want a window to show how many bytes already have been downloaded and how many are left. I tried it via a msgbox via InetGetActive but i can't get it to show while the InetGet line is still busy.

How can i get this to work.

Something like this I guess:

$File="http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/autoit-v3.2.10.0-rc-setup.exe"

$size = InetGetSize($File)

ProgressOn ( "Downloading " & $File, "0% downloaded" , $size & " bytes remaining" )

InetGet($File,@DesktopDir & "\autoit-v3.2.10.0-rc-setup.exe",1,1)

While @InetGetActive
    $Percent=Int((@InetGetBytesRead*100)/$size)
    $Remain=$size-@InetGetBytesRead
    ProgressSet( $Percent,$Remain & " bytes remaining", $Percent & "% downloaded")
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

ProgressOff()

MsgBox(0,"Download complete",@DesktopDir & "\autoit-v3.2.10.0-rc-setup.exe")

But you could make your custom GUI and display more information. Look at the macros and functions I used.

Edited by Nahuel

Something like this I guess:

$File="http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/autoit-v3.2.10.0-rc-setup.exe"

$size = InetGetSize($File)

ProgressOn ( "Downloading " & $File, "0% downloaded" , $size & " bytes remaining" )

InetGet($File,@DesktopDir & "\autoit-v3.2.10.0-rc-setup.exe",1,1)

While @InetGetActive
                       $Percent=Int((@InetGetBytesRead*100)/$size)
                       $Remain=$size-@InetGetBytesRead
                       ProgressSet( $Percent,$Remain & " bytes remaining", $Percent & "% downloaded")
                       Sleep(100)
                   WEnd

ProgressOff()

MsgBox(0,"Download complete",@DesktopDir & "\autoit-v3.2.10.0-rc-setup.exe")

But you could make your custom GUI and display more information. Look at the macros and functions I used.

How about using the traytip like in the helpfile example? Note that I'm updating every half second (sleep 500) rather than 10 times a second (sleep 100) and avoiding too many arithmetic operations within the loop to prevent too many overheads.

;Get size of file to download
                 $Inet_size = InetGetSize($FileNameToDownloadURL)

;Get the file and update progress status every half second in Traytip
                 InetGet($FileNameToDownloadURL, @ScriptDir & "\$FileNameToSave", 1, 1)
                 While @InetGetActive
                     TrayTip("Getting file", "Bytes = " & @InetGetBytesRead & "/" & $Inet_size, 10, 17)
                    ; Update progress bar here
                     Sleep(500)
                 Wend

TrayTip("Got file", "Bytes = " & @InetGetBytesRead & "/" & $Inet_size, 10, 17); Final amount
                 Sleep(2000)   ;Give it time to finish download and close file and the antivirus program to check it so it is not still in use
                 TrayTip ("", "", 0,0)   ; Turn off traytip

How about combining the two for a really professional finish?