Text Box

Rob

I'm playing around with AutoIt and need some help. For nothing more than knowledge and experience, I'm wanting to make a script that will prompt the user with a message asking them to type in a website, the script clicks on internet explorer, goes to the address bar, types in the website, and presses enter. I have all of the easy stuff done, and all I lack is getting the script to prompt with a text allowing the user to fill it in the website. I was playing around with the MsgBox function but all it would do is prompt with text and not allow me to enter anything into it.

To go over it again, I'm wanting a text box to pop up and ask the user to fill it in, the text will be saved to something like $address, which will be used to type into the address bar. Like I said, I'm not expecting any real use to come out of this other than my own knowledge. I have to start somewhere.

• 3 years later...

I'm playing around with AutoIt and need some help. For nothing more than knowledge and experience, I'm wanting to make a script that will prompt the user with a message asking them to type in a website, the script clicks on internet explorer, goes to the address bar, types in the website, and presses enter. I have all of the easy stuff done, and all I lack is getting the script to prompt with a text allowing the user to fill it in the website. I was playing around with the MsgBox function but all it would do is prompt with text and not allow me to enter anything into it.

To go over it again, I'm wanting a text box to pop up and ask the user to fill it in, the text will be saved to something like $address, which will be used to type into the address bar. Like I said, I'm not expecting any real use to come out of this other than my own knowledge. I have to start somewhere.

Your way sounds like you used lots of sends and lots of clicks , try this :D

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate(InputBox('Where?','Where you wanna go bro?'))