Changing the pitch in text-to-speech app.

ToyleY

Here are the SPEAKFLAGS for SAPI 5.1- but the Autoit falls over if they are used.

typedef enum SPEAKFLAGS

{

//--- SpVoice flags

SPF_DEFAULT,

SPF_ASYNC,

SPF_PURGEBEFORESPEAK,

SPF_IS_FILENAME,

SPF_IS_XML,

SPF_IS_NOT_XML,

SPF_PERSIST_XML,

//--- Normalizer flags

SPF_NLP_SPEAK_PUNC,

//--- Masks

SPF_NLP_MASK,

SPF_VOICE_MASK,

SPF_UNUSED_FLAGS

} SPEAKFLAGS;

The SDK gives this example:

hr = pVoice->Speak(L"This sounds normal <pitch middle = '-10'/> but the pitch drops half way through", SPF_IS_XML, NULL );

I'm using this in Autoit:

$o_speech.Speak("This sounds normal <pitch middle = '-10'/> but the pitch drops half way through", SPF_IS_XML);

Can't use the 'NULL' var (channel) in Autoit as that fails, but can use numeric values for SPEAKFLAGS. For example:

$o_speech.Speak("This is a test", 1)

makes the speech engine asyinc (that is, SPF_ASYNC = 1, so you can pause, stop, skip and resume speech.

Anyway, anyone know what the values of the SPEAKFLAGS might be (in particular SPF_IS_XML)?

If not I am going to have to put in values manually and SPF_IS_XML might be a massive number.

Ta

ToyleY

:)

Edited by ToyleY

Thanks - no pitch control in that example but I solved it:

$o_speech.Speak("<pitch middle='5'>This text should be spoken at pitch five.<pitch middle='-100'>This text should be spoken at pitch zero.</pitch></pitch>", 3)

It only works with proper 5.1 voices - my lovely (and expensive ATT voice won't play ball - bah!)

The SPF_IS_XML SPEAKFLAGS does in fact = 3 *(it was my ATT voice - which seems to be some hashed SAPI 4.1 that messed me up).

Edited by ToyleY