Grab data in a Folder

henry1

Hello all,

I am new to Auto It, so please help me out...

I want to know if Auto It can grab information (filenames) in a folder, for example: C:\Data\Test1.txt ; C:\Data\Test2.txt, etc and store it in a file? Or save it to a parameter?

Thank you.

Henry

Thank you weaponx,

Is there a way to mark or sign that the file has been read or imported? I would like to make an Auto It program that can mark that the file has been read or imported to a filemaker database. For example, if Today, I have 10 files and I will import 10 files. Tomorrow, I will have 5 files, I just want to import or read 5 files, not the whole files (15 files). Is there a method to save this kind of information (e.g: to a variable)?

Thank you...

Henry

Is there a way to mark or sign that the file has been read or imported? I would like to make an Auto It program that can mark that the file has been read or imported to a filemaker database. For example, if Today, I have 10 files and I will import 10 files. Tomorrow, I will have 5 files, I just want to import or read 5 files, not the whole files (15 files). Is there a method to save this kind of information (e.g: to a variable)?

Thank you...

I suggest you create a .ini file and save the filenames in there.

You can make different categories like [Read] or [imported] in your ini.

Or you can also use Sqlite.

Thank you Das Ami for your input...

So, if I save all the filepath names in [ini] files, so I can retrieve the information in there. Can I do the mark on the files that I have saved and imported to FileMaker? I want to mark the file that have been "used" or imported, so they would not be imported anymore. Is it possible? Moreover, I want to use FileMaker as part of my program to save the data from the File that I have imported. Basically, I need the filepath parameter to save it to a field in FileMaker Database.

Thank you.

Henry

Thank you Das Ami for your input...

So, if I save all the filepath names in [ini] files, so I can retrieve the information in there. Can I do the mark on the files that I have saved and imported to FileMaker? I want to mark the file that have been "used" or imported, so they would not be imported anymore. Is it possible? Moreover, I want to use FileMaker as part of my program to save the data from the File that I have imported. Basically, I need the filepath parameter to save it to a field in FileMaker Database.

Thank you.

I'm not entirely sure about this because I don't know your program.

However if you can import your files with parameters over the command line then it should be possible.

Create a folder with your files, import those to filemaker and write the filenames into your ini file.

The next time you start your program, you can read the files into an array. Now read the ini filenames into an array and delete all entries which already exist in your ini file, then import the files from the now filtered array and save the new filenames to your ini.

This works if filemaker can indeed use parameters.

An alternative to the ini part would be to just rename your files.

(Like adding an x as the file extension.) This would be a lot easier.

Hello again Das Ami,

It makes sense to me. Well, about passing the parameter, I would try to "copy to Clipboard" and open the FileMaker and try to "paste" the information to a field. So, in AutoIt, there is a copy to clipboard, right? The thing that I would copy is their Filepath name.

Thank you...

Henry