Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phatzilla

Forum searching?

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I want to make a compilation of every single thread i authored in a forum

edit : The forum i need this for DOES NOT have search enabled!

On my home forum searching is unfortunately disabled. Is it possible to make a program that would basically go to the very last recorded page (50) and then search for 'phatzilla' under the 'author' section and record the corresponding thread link? For example (http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=xxxxxxxx). To reiterate, I just want to make a compilation of every single thread i authored. Im so basic with autoit i dont know any of these wild functions that i can use to make my life easier.

Edited by phatzilla

I appreciate the reply, but as stated in original post, the forum that i frequent does NOT have search, so i would have to do it manually! But you are correct in understanding.

...but as stated in original post, the forum that i frequent does NOT have search...

It was not until I reread you OP that I understood you to mean a forum other than this AutoIt forum. Had MHz not posted what he did and had you not replied the way you did, I probably would not have read the OP again. I'm not saying that you were not clear in your OP, I'm just saying that I tend to scan posts at time... my bad.

So, to answer your question - yes AutoIt can probably do what you want, but I'm not that good with the IE UDF to help out much. Maybe others can chime in :-)

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

Bump, any help here guys??? I need to formulate a script that would go through every page of my forum and find the threads i authored and compile them.

Edited by phatzilla

you can always make the script using google.com > Advanced Search> Domain > yourboardname.com/forum

you can always make the script using google.com > Advanced Search> Domain > yourboardname.com/forum

I appreciate the help!

Unfortunately i have already tried this and it simply does not work (Only gives you a few posts here and there)