Match title based on substring

ice1000

I can't get _IEAttach to match a title based on a substring. It only works if the substring is at the beginning of the window title.

I tried the solution in a thread by MiMac but I still can't get it to work.

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase
AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode",2)

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE=_IEAttach("Internet", "WindowTitle")

I want the code to be able to find any instance of IE open. Since IE has the word Internet in the Title, I thought it would attach but I get an

$_IEStatus_NoMatch error. I'm using AutoIt v3.2.8.1

User defined functions don't work the same as internal AutoIt functions. Here is a better way to do it that worked fine for me:

#include <IE.au3>;includes go at the top of scripts
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",2);1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase

Dim $hIEWin = WinGetHandle("Internet Explorer");Use Internet Explorer.  A program could have internet in its title and not be internet explorer.
If @error Then
    Msgbox(0,"Error","Window not found.")
    Exit   
EndIf
Dim $oIE =_IEAttach($hIEWin, "HWND");Specify handle.  You are giving it a handle to attach to.
If @error Then
    Msgbox(0,"Error","Error code number " & @error & ".")
Else
    Msgbox(0,"No Error","It worked fine.")
    _IEQuit($oIE)
EndIf

That works fine for me. That should do it.

- The Kandie Man ;-)

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire