IE.au3 Unicode Problem !

Who

I'm trying to retrieve page which have unicode characters. After getting the source by using "_IEDocReadHTML", the texts are broken and I have found out that the unicode in the HTML source of IE.au3 is not match to the one generated by IE. Can anybody help me please ? Thanks so much.

Can you please create and post a very simple reproducer that demonstrates the issue?

Thanks.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Am I doing something wrong? I opened both files in IE and they both contain a short string of characters I cannot read:

ặùưẫạèàêđâịôáđêôô

and

?ùu??èàêdâ?ôádêôô

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

It's an example I have used. The f1.htm is 44b while the f2.htm is only 18b. And you can see the different in these screenshots I have uploaded here.

#include <File.au3>
#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate("f1.htm", 0, 1, 1, -1)
$sHTML = _IEDocReadHTML($oIE)
_IEQuit($oIE)
$file = FileOpen("f2.htm", 2)
FileWrite($file,$sHTML)
FileClose($file)

post-25207-1198988864_thumb.jpg

post-25207-1198988871_thumb.jpg

Edited by Who

This has nothing to do with IE.au3

The following produces the same result:

$f1 = fileopen("f1.htm", 0)
$f3 = fileopen("f3.htm", 2)
$line = FileReadLine ($f1)
FileWriteLine ($f3, $line)

Please see the modes for FileOpen

Mode (read or write) to open the file in.

Can be a combination of the following:

0 = Read mode

1 = Write mode (append to end of file)

2 = Write mode (erase previous contents)

4 = Read raw mode

8 = Create directory structure if it doesn't exist (See Remarks).

16 = Force binary(byte) reading and writing mode with FileRead and FileWrite

32 = Use Unicode UTF16 Little Endian mode when writing text with FileWrite and FileWriteLine (default is ANSI)

64 = Use Unicode UTF16 Big Endian mode when writing text with FileWrite and FileWriteLine (default is ANSI)

128 = Use Unicode UTF8 when writing text with FileWrite and FileWriteLine (default is ANSI)

Both write modes will create the file if it does not already exist. The folder path must already exist (except using mode '8' - See Remarks).

Dale