Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lemures

GUI Directory Choose?

4 posts in this topic

Not sure how to describe exactly what I'm going for, as it could be approached multiple ways. I am writing an application where, in the GUI, one should select a particular directory for files to be moved into. I have a date picker above it, and I really like the style where it has the little down arrow on the right side, and you click it and choose a date. I would like something somewhat similar (preferably in looks as well) where you click the box and can either paste in a new directory, type in a new directory, or CHOOSE a directory.

Any ideas as to how to approach this?

Make it standard way:

edit box where user can type and with "..." button at right where user can choose directory (FileSelectFolder function)

Thats kind of my last resort. The FileSelectFolder function, which I knew existed but simply could not find and am highly thankful you reminded me of, is exactly what I intended to use, however, I want the thing to look similar to the date picker. Any way to manage that?

Thats kind of my last resort. The FileSelectFolder function, which I knew existed but simply could not find and am highly thankful you reminded me of, is exactly what I intended to use, however, I want the thing to look similar to the date picker. Any way to manage that?

Then use ComboBox and handle dropdown open message yourself.

You may look at my NET SEND GUI wrapper how to catch dropdown open message.