Winsettitle issue

eleblanc

Hi all,

I've been using script to lunch different instance of the same application simply renamed, server1.exe,server2.exe,server3.exe,server4.exe, etc.

Is there any know issue when running autoit 2.64 on windows 2003. I was running the script on windows 2000 for more then one year without issue. I have upgraded to a faster server running 2003 and here is the part i am having trouble with;

run, C:\\racingservers\\Program\\StartNR2003.exe %numrs%\",, min

WinWaitActive, NR2003

WinSetTitle,NR2003, ,NR2003rs%numrs%

Now with the above, the application would open and close quickly and never get rename until i click on it on the menu bar, then it would settitle and script would continu. Seem like this new server simply minimize the windows to fast for the winwaitactive. So i modified the script like below,

run, C:\\racingservers\\Program\\StartNR2003.exe %numrs%\"

WinWaitActive, NR2003

WinMinimize,NR2003rs%numrs%

I tested this and seemed to work ok. But when user started lunching there application i went on the server and i had a bunch of instance/windows still named NR2003 and not renamed correctly. And that caused the next instance lunch to simply rename wrong windows and create havoc on the window/instance naming.

I am questioning if i really need winwaitactive, it has been a long time since i did this.

Need help here.

Thanks

Eric

runwait, C:\\racingservers\\Program\\StartNR2003.exe %numrs%\",, min

WinWaitActive, NR2003

or

runwait, %COMSPEC% /C C:\\racingservers\\Program\\StartNR2003.exe %numrs%\",, Min

WinWaitActive, NR2003

or

I guess StartNR2003 isnt a command line app, so the DOS box could be executed hidden style (?)

runwait, %COMSPEC% /C C:\\racingservers\\Program\\StartNR2003.exe %numrs%\",, Hide

WinWaitActive, NR2003