Pervasive ActiveX problems on clients

Has anyone used the Pervasive Vaccess object?

I can get it to work on the DB server fine but the moment I put a compiled script on a client (where vacess is know to be working fine under a VB app) I get an error creating the object

Not only that but if i install AutoIT on the client and pull up the object ion Koda i get a license error on using the control in a development environment (fine, but surely the compiled script is not a dev environment?)

Bit at a loss anyone ever done it, hit the same issue, or done it and not hit it?

Thoughts more than welcome as I am in head scratching mode!

(oh and im a bit of a n00b as you may gather!)

Has anyone used the Pervasive Vaccess object?

I can get it to work on the DB server fine but the moment I put a compiled script on a client (where vacess is know to be working fine under a VB app) I get an error creating the object

Not only that but if i install AutoIT on the client and pull up the object ion Koda i get a license error on using the control in a development environment (fine, but surely the compiled script is not a dev environment?)

Bit at a loss anyone ever done it, hit the same issue, or done it and not hit it?

Thoughts more than welcome as I am in head scratching mode!

(oh and im a bit of a n00b as you may gather!)

I'm a noob myself when it comes to AutoIt. As soon as I looked at it I was reminded of Rexx so I decided to try it out. :D Anyway, I have a few ActiveX that I wrote in Delphi with design-time licenses and they work fine in any IDE where you can drop them on a form such as Delphi or Visual Studio etc.. If I try to create an object from one on the development machine where the license file is in the same folder, from a script with COM support such as AutoIt3 or Python, it works. As soon as I move the script to a machine that just has the .ocx with no .lic file, I'm dead. The only way I know of would be to distribute the .lic file along with the .ocx, which kills the whole design-time license idea. I think I did see an example in Python where the object creation call was passed a license string. But I'm not sure if there's any way to encrypt the license(which is usually just a GUID string).

Not that design-time license is pirate-proof anyway, but it would be good if there was some mechanism to encrypt the license string so you could distribute scripts without giving the license away.