Application Error

I keep getting this error:

An error has occurred in your application

An operation has failed.

Do you wish to try to continue running the application?

yes no

at different points while my script is running. This error only comes up when I am using AutoIt to run my process so it leads me to believe there is some kind of conflict with me using AutoIt in combination with JIS, if I run the process by hand it completes normally. Can anyone tell me how I could get more information on this error or how to fix it? If I tell my script to hit Yes the process will continue to run normally but the error continues to come up and crashes my process eventually before it can finish. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance...

What is JIS (Japanese character encoding)? What is your script doing? What include files does it call in? Any COM object references or use of _IE* functions? Any COM error handler loaded, like _IERegisterErrorHandler() or a custom AutoIt COM error handler as in the help file?

You're a little skimpy on details...

:)

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

What is JIS (Japanese character encoding)? What is your script doing? What include files does it call in? Any COM object references or use of _IE* functions? Any COM error handler loaded, like _IERegisterErrorHandler() or a custom AutoIt COM error handler as in the help file?

You're a little skimpy on details...

Sorry, JIS is for "Jacada Interface Server", it is basically a screen-scraper I am using. In JIS, you perform processes using a wizard, my script is supposed to automate this process, choosing the correct values in the wizard and kicking off the "generate process". While it is generating, I keep looping through to see if it is finished yet, the error occurs only when generating so far. I have automated the wizard to perform other tasks as well and they are functioning fine. The include files are : INet.au3, Array.au3, File.au3, Date.au3 I did use the COM error handler to see if anything came back but it didn't find any COM errors. I'm very new to AutoIt so I'm not sure what else to tell you that could help so let me know if there is anything else I should have mentioned, thanks.

Sorry, JIS is for "Jacada Interface Server", it is basically a screen-scraper I am using. In JIS, you perform processes using a wizard, my script is supposed to automate this process, choosing the correct values in the wizard and kicking off the "generate process". While it is generating, I keep looping through to see if it is finished yet, the error occurs only when generating so far. I have automated the wizard to perform other tasks as well and they are functioning fine. The include files are : INet.au3, Array.au3, File.au3, Date.au3 I did use the COM error handler to see if anything came back but it didn't find any COM errors. I'm very new to AutoIt so I'm not sure what else to tell you that could help so let me know if there is anything else I should have mentioned, thanks.

Hmm... Those include files use a lot of DLL calls, but not COM objects, so I guess it's not surprising the error handler didn't catch anything.

Does your script do some writing to a log file, or update status somewhere, such that you can get an idea what it's doing when it explodes? If not, you'll need to update it to a "debug" edition with that added in. I like a Global variable for the log file:

Global $sLogFile = @ScriptDir & "\" & @ComputerName & '_MyScriptName_' & @YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & '_' & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC & '.log'

Func _MyFunc($a, $B)
    _FileWriteLog($sLogFile, "Called _MyFunc(), $a = " & $a & ", and $b = " & $B)
    Local $x

; ... do stuff...

_FileWriteLog($sLogFile, "Return from _MyFunc() = " $x)
    Return $x
EndFunc

That's enough to tell you what's being done when it happens, then you can add more detailed logging of just that part to isolate further.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law