proplem

mohd

????

after i read your answer i know im very very bad in English hhhhh!

this i svery hard for me i used program to change your answer to Arabic and i used google but i dont under stand most answer ,,,

i know in the scond secript u use the switches of inno ,,,

but what the meaning of

WinWait("AmitySource")

WinClose("AmitySource")

what do you open and close ?

if u can rewrite your answer in simpler do it please ,,,

and i want to answer for this question please ,,

how con i open file in computer dont in the same folder of auto it script ?

please use a simple words ,,please

thank u

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you guys using send when you can easily do this, and have it ALOT more reliable with ControlClick

First off I would have to take the time to get the control info. The script is too simple to be bothered. Further more ControlClick would not be more reliable in this case. I know Inno Setup very well and I knew that it was Inno Setup being used so all I had to do was use the defaults except in two places and they were both simple to handle with Send(). The second script doesn't use send at all.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

????

after i read your answer i know im very very bad in English hhhhh!

this i svery hard for me i used program to change your answer to Arabic and i used google but i dont under stand most answer ,,,

i know in the scond secript u use the switches of inno ,,,

but what the meaning of

WinWait("AmitySource")

WinClose("AmitySource")

what do you open and close ?

if u can rewrite your answer in simpler do it please ,,,

and i want to answer for this question please ,,

how con i open file in computer dont in the same folder of auto it script ?

please use a simple words ,,please

thank u

AmitySource is used in the title bar of UserBar Generator and the Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) allowed me to just use any portion of that title.

I didn't open any window. The install program did that as a default. Since I knew that would happen I just waited until the UserBar Generator Existed and then closed it before it could be displayed.

To open a file that is not in the script folder just include the full path to the file. or one of the AutoIt directory macros followed by a backslash and the file name'

Example

Run("C:\Downloads\UBarGen_en.exe")

Run("C:\Program Files\AmitySource\UserBar Generator 2.2\UbarGen.exe") is usually the same as

Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\AmitySource\UserBar Generator 2.2\UbarGen.exe") on US english systems unless the user has changed the location of that folder.

You are better with the @ProgramFilesDir macro because it will use the proper folder no matter what the system setup is.

As for my previous reply all you have to do is see

AutoItSetOption() and you will find the rest.

Look in Functions>>Misc. Functions and select either AutoItSetOption or Opt

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

first i want to thank you ...

i under stand from your answers the useing of (send) is bad ?? yes or no (i want answer )

and if we dont use the send what can we use ?

i want to ask (how can i open web page by auto it ?)

i want to thanks you again and please used the eazy words

first i want to thank you ...

i under stand from your answers the useing of (send) is bad ?? yes or no (i want answer )

and if we dont use the send what can we use ?

i want to ask (how can i open web page by auto it ?)

i want to thanks you again and please used the eazy words

The use of Send is not bad. Sometimes there are more efficient methods. They were not required in this case. See

ControlClick() in the help file. The trouble with it is that it requires the controlID and for a simple script where the default values are the best choices then Send() works best. The only place I deviated was !a to send Alt+a for accepting the agreement and on the last page I used {SPACE} to uncheck the check box. I did not have to locate it With tabs or up because the check box had the focus anyway. {SPACE} will toggle the state of the control.

To open a web page in the default browser use ShellExecute with the URL enclosed in quotes.

ShellExecute("http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/")

George

where is the control click ? on my computer with program or where ?

and where is the help file ?

i want to thanks u and all person help me

and please help me

It's a built-in AutoIt function. The help file is in the AutoIt folder. and should also be on your start menu in AutoIt V3. (AutoIt Help File)

There is also an on-line version. The link is in my signature.

George

i read help file but its very hard for me u know im not good in English

but now i want to know where is the control click ? and how can i use it ?

is it rigester or it need i write it by my hand ?

i listen there is code you can write it in the script because some times the script not working and be next to the oclock

and not working ,,, can u give me it ?

thanks

i read help file but its very hard for me u know im not good in English

but now i want to know where is the control click ? and how can i use it ?

is it rigester or it need i write it by my hand ?

I REPEAT, this is not needed in your current script and in my opinion it's not even desirable. but from the AutoIt help file.......

ControlClick()

Sends a mouse click command to a given control.

ControlClick ( "title", "text", controlID [, button [, clicks [, x [, y ]]]] )

Parameters:

title = The title of the window to access.

text = The text of the window to access.

controlID = The control to interact with. See Controls.

button [optional] = The button to click, "left", "right" or "middle". Default is the left button.

clicks [optional] = The number of times to click the mouse. Default is 1.

x [optional] = The x position to click within the control. Default is center.

y [optional] = The y position to click within the control. Default is center.

Return Value:

Success: Returns 1.

Failure: Returns 0.

Remarks:

Some controls will resist clicking unless they are the active window. Use the WinActivate() function to force the control's window to the top before using ControlClick().

Using 2 for the number of clicks will send a double-click message to the control - this can even be used to launch programs from an explorer control!

i listen there is code you can write it in the script because some times the script not working and be next to the oclock

and not working ,,, can u give me it ?

thanks

I'm sorry but I don't know what you are refering to here unless perhaps it is

Opt ("TrayIconDebug", 1)

If enabled shows the current script line in the tray icon tip to help debugging.

0 = no debug information (default)

1 = show debug information

George

im very thanks for u yo this information but ho wcan i extract this this information

controlID

x

y

and please can u begin with me to make that with UBarGen ???

please

if u accept till me in your answer beacause i want to ask u and u answer

finally i want to thanks u if u accept or not accept

thanks all the time

im very thanks for u yo this information but ho wcan i extract this this information

controlID

x

y

and please can u begin with me to make that with UBarGen ???

please

if u accept till me in your answer beacause i want to ask u and u answer

finally i want to thanks u if u accept or not accept

thanks all the time

Are you still talking about using it in place of the code I already gave you?

Trying something here people so don't panic

أري يأ ستلل تلكنق أبت أسنق إت إن بلسي أف تهي سدي ي الردي قفي يأ؟

EDIT: بلسي ربلي إن إنقلسه

Edited by GEOSoft

George

i dont under stand u ??

Hmmm Guess my skills at Arabic are rusty. (I never had any).

Are you trying to use ControlClick() in the setup that we already did or are you tring to use it in the UBarGen application itself?

George

i want to till u this is not Arabic

"أري يأ ستلل تلكنق أبت أسنق إت إن بلسي أف تهي سدي ي الردي قفي يأ؟"

and i want "now" to use control click can u help me

if u accept can u tell me what is the begining of script if i use control click ?

thanks

i want to till u this is not Arabic

"أري يأ ستلل تلكنق أبت أسنق إت إن بلسي أف تهي سدي ي الردي قفي يأ؟"

Never trust on-line translators.

and i want "now" to use control click can u help me

if u accept can u tell me what is the begining of script if i use control click ?

thanks

You still have not told me where you want to use it. Do you want the script I gave you previously to use ControlClick() or is this for something else related to UBar Generator?

George

i dont want y give me the script of control click () for Ubar but i want from u learn me because i will do it with many programs in future so i want u to give me information about how can i write the script by control click ,,,

about this

ري يأ ستلل تلكنق أبت أسنق إت إن بلسي أف تهي سدي ي الردي قفي يأ؟"

i can not help u to translators this text ,, im sorry

but u can use google to do that

thanks

Okay. Now I think I have it figured out. Both methods I gave you work fine, but you want me to re-write it again so you have it as an example. That means that you want me to run the setup normally again and get the controlID of each control that has to be clicked on and some unique text for the window containing the control.

I might get time to do that in a few days.

If you need it sooner than that, I would suggest that you send a PM to ThatsGreat2345 and see if he can do it right away. The reason I suggest that is because it was him that introduced the confusion into your life to begin with so it's only appropriate that he remove the confusion. On top of that it's going to cause the script to be almost twice the size.

George

i dont under stand u good ,,,

i think you say u can not help me now ,, right?

I can help you later.

ThatsGreat2345 might be able to help you right away. Just send him a personal message.

George