Guidance with a DLL Uninstall String

Jetset

Morning everyone,

I am in a bit of a rut at the moment on how to uninstall a program of mine using AutoIt. Basically a software house has provided us with software in 9 different install packages (nice of them.) So I have had to write an install script so that 1 .exe can bang off the installation of all 9 programs. The difficulty I have is that not all of these programs have .msi's with them so installing over AD (Active Directory) is a no go. I am trying to now reverse the work that would be done by being able to write a script that would completely uninstall the programs. Simply because if I want to put a license elsewhere on another system temp I have to use Add/Remove on 9 seperate programs (a pain!). I have managed to get all the .msi installed programs uninstalls scripting just simply by using

Run('MsiExec.exe /I{73D70979-F9CB-40A2-886B-FBB65FF4475F}')

The difficulty I'm struggling to understand is how to uninstall the standard programs when their uninstall strings are like this

RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\0701\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F472F4F0-3916-465A-8663-DBC9C8B68A1C}\setup.exe" -l0x9

in the registry. How exactly would I kick this off in AutoIt?

I have looked at the DllCall commands but I have only been using AutoIt since Monday and am VERY green to programming/scripting as this is my first adventure into it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Jetset

Morning everyone,

I am in a bit of a rut at the moment on how to uninstall a program of mine using AutoIt. Basically a software house has provided us with software in 9 different install packages (nice of them.) So I have had to write an install script so that 1 .exe can bang off the installation of all 9 programs. The difficulty I have is that not all of these programs have .msi's with them so installing over AD (Active Directory) is a no go. I am trying to now reverse the work that would be done by being able to write a script that would completely uninstall the programs. Simply because if I want to put a license elsewhere on another system temp I have to use Add/Remove on 9 seperate programs (a pain!). I have managed to get all the .msi installed programs uninstalls scripting just simply by using

Run('MsiExec.exe /I{73D70979-F9CB-40A2-886B-FBB65FF4475F}')

The difficulty I'm struggling to understand is how to uninstall the standard programs when their uninstall strings are like this

RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\0701\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F472F4F0-3916-465A-8663-DBC9C8B68A1C}\setup.exe" -l0x9

in the registry. How exactly would I kick this off in AutoIt?

I have looked at the DllCall commands but I have only been using AutoIt since Monday and am VERY green to programming/scripting as this is my first adventure into it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

What happens if you try this?

$sUninstall = 'C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\0701\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup ' & _
'"C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F472F4F0-3916-465A-8663-DBC9C8B68A1C}\setup.exe" -l0x9'
ShellExecute('RunDll32.exe', $sUninstall)

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

$sUninstall = 'C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\0701\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup ' & _

'"C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F472F4F0-3916-465A-8663-DBC9C8B68A1C}\setup.exe" -l0x9'

ShellExecute('RunDll32.exe', $sUninstall)

Nice One PsaltyDS, Thanks for your help :)

• 1 month later...