Sign in to follow this  
Jaysen

Embedded VNC

Jaysen

Heya Peeps,

I have a different job title depending on what day of the week it is. One of those titles is System Administrator for a Charter School. I am attempting to develop a program for the teacher of the computer lab so she can monitor all of the 21 student machines at once and take control when she needs to. I know you can embed programs into an AutoIT GUI, I was just wondering if this was possible with TightVNC Viewer or if anyone knows of anyway to get AutoIT to work with VNC. I know it can be done by using a few DLLs and listening to some TCP ports, but I thought this would be an easier approach.

Thanks

ptrex
piccaso

Check out PcHelpware

Its a free component (dll) from the ultravnc devs.

iirc i posted an example on theyr forums on how to use it with autoit...

Edited by piccaso

CoProc Multi Process Helper libraryTrashBin.nfshost.com store your AutoIt related files here!AutoIt User Map

ptrex
ChrisL
ptrex
Jaysen

Heya,

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it. I ended up using ptrex's suggestion of VNCX, it turned out to be exactly what I was looking for.

@weaponx - I know all about NetOp for Schools and all the other "RAT" suites, but I am trying to do this at little to no cost for the school. I also like the ability to design my own features, instead of waiting on the Dev team to release an update. I am working on a Software Engineering degree, so I don't have any problem designing software to fit what I need when one already exists.

Thnx

Jaysen