Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtDBaK

Quick Installation Wizard - Creates a installer script for your apps!

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Edited by DBak

[center][/center]

Very Nice.. Thanx for sharing...

thanks! Hope it helps some people build a base for their installers.

[center][/center]

I will look at it closer when I get home, but after I copied script to an au3 file, threw a few files and folders in the folder with it, ran the script, which worked fine, with the exception of 2 items.. I noticed your script file, and the resources2.au3 file are also packaged up into the compiled exe. I am sure it can be easily modified NOT to include the source au3 file and the pre-compiled au3 that gets created. As I wouldn't really wanting them to get pushed into the install folder with the rest of the files! Great start though! I will look at this later tonight and see if it will be easier to make it NOT copy those 2 files during compile, or just to make it REMOVE them upon running the compiled EXE file!! either way some nice possibilities here!! :D

Scott

yeah thanks for the input, I noticed that but as far as I can see I'll very rarely use this, so I probably won't change it.

But 10 minutes of work with this created a new installer for AMP 3 that looks pretty cool!

[center][/center]

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

well i like the way mine works for several of my scripts it does the job perfect, and then I just modify the code the way i'd like, compile it and I'm good to go. Therefore it works the way I want it to, and I can still change all the code.

I'm not sure how the iexpress.exe works I should take a look into it, but I wanted flash in my installer and thats how i got it. I got it by generating my source and adding an IE embedded.

Edited by DBak

[center][/center]