Right click filename

dickep

Hi,

Here is my possible scenario:

Open up My Computer

find a folder (passed in from outside)

find a file in that folder (again passed in from outside)

right click on the filename

double click on, let say, the Properties in the list

I have tried this, but cannot get any way to locate the folder/file name. Once I locate that, I know I can right click the mouse at the coords, but would there be a better way?

Thanks

E

Hi,

Here is my possible scenario:

Open up My Computer

find a folder (passed in from outside)

find a file in that folder (again passed in from outside)

right click on the filename

double click on, let say, the Properties in the list

I have tried this, but cannot get any way to locate the folder/file name. Once I locate that, I know I can right click the mouse at the coords, but would there be a better way?

Thanks

E

You might use _FileGetExtProp() to the available extended properties of the file. Do you really have to use the GUI?

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

might be eaiser unless you can help me in Vista run the file as adminstrator (when you right click the filename, you can select "Run as Administrator").

Will check out the suggestion. Thanks

E

Well, AutoIt already has RunAsSet()* and RunAs()*, but I don't know anything about issues with Vista for them.

:D

*NOTE: These functions are set to be replaced soon in a manner that will break backward compatibility. Be aware and be ready...

RunAsSet() has been removed. Use the new RunAs() and RunAsWait() functions instead. They have been enhanced with slightly better security (It is still not recommended to store important passwords in your scripts) and more functionality.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law