URLDownload Size

para

First of all you don't need to use **. The wildcard * means "ALL", so filename.* is enough.

What you can try, is to clear your browser's cache so as to be sure that the size of the file downloaded is correct.

In addition, you may want to try the current unstable (beta) version which is available here. In this version you can use the InetGet function which has the new "reload" parameter. Using this, you may reload the page before downloading it so as to be sure that the size is always correct.

Hope these help.

I know, i put wildcards there so u would know what goes there.. also...

i dont understand what u mean bro, little confused... how would i make it so if others were to use this, it would get all of it without them changing anything>

• Developers

I know, i put wildcards there so u would know what goes there.. also...

i dont understand what u mean bro, little confused... how would i make it so if others were to use this, it would get all of it without them changing anything>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

did you have a look at the content of the file ?

Could contain errors that it was unable to open the webpage or something...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

i dont think its errors... i have hosted the files on 3 differant places, they are around 80 kb and download at 5kb...

i am trying to help a friend out, we are making it so that the autoit is binded in with another program he has, its to make it a trial, it will auto delete it on a certain date...

this is also good for updates

someone help please = / also...

i cant get it to download anywere but C:\

Ok let's clear the things up a bit...

a) AutoItv3 comes in two different versions. The stable one (that you probably use) and the unstable beta (which is the most recent code with all the bugfixes/updates/enhancements etc; however not thoroughly tested). The latest stable version is v3.0.102 and is available @ http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.php and the latest UNstable version is v3.0.103 and is available @ http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/...it-v3.0.103.exe

:) The .102 version has the "URLDownloadToFile" function you use. The .103 UNstable version has the new "InetGet" function which is pretty similar to the one you use now. It has some new features though, that you might find useful in you occassion.

c) Quoting from the help file of the unstable version:

0 = (default) Get the file from local cache if available

1 = Forces a reload from the remote site

I suppose that URLDownloadToFile that you use now, finds the html file that you want to download in your local computer's cache and instead of re-downloading it copies it from there to your final location. I may be wrong but in order to clear this up you may want to try the InetGet function of the UNstable version using the following syntax:

InetGet("http://here.is.the/source.file.html", "C:\temp\this.is.my.destination.html", 1)

The "1" in the above code means "always reload the file and don't copy it from the local cache even if it exists".

The problem you have that you can only save on C:\ it might be a Windows file permission problem; check it out.

In anyway, download the unstable version and try the code I just gave you to see what happens..

Hope it's clear now..

Edited by erebus

still not working... =[

Inetget("http://d14.yousendit.com/E/81676AE12020E5CA7C970677F614A42E/test1.exe", "C:\test1.exe", 1)

try it ur self, its an autoit that just pops up a message saying "test1 successful"

if you download it directly it works, when u use autoit it gets 5 kb of it =[

= /

thanks for the explanation though, but it just isn't working =[

• Developers

i dont think its errors... i have hosted the files on 3 differant places, they are around 80 kb and download at 5kb...

i am trying to help a friend out, we are making it so that the autoit is binded in with another program he has, its to make it a trial, it will auto delete it on a certain date...

this is also good for updates

someone help please = / also...

i cant get it to download anywere but C:\

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but, did you check the content of the 5Kb file to see that it isn't containing an error ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ok, I think I know what is your problem.

Try to type this in your browser (so as to download directly):

http://d14.yousendit.com/E/81676AE12020E5C...4A42E/test1.exe

...and see what happens. What you download using AU3 is the final html containing errors.

Try with a "clean" URL, such as the unstable version of AU3 that I gave you previously.

Good luck,

Edited by erebus