Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

Sending Lines Directly to DOS

10 posts in this topic

I already read the helpfile, but it didn't give me exactly what I wanted. Let's say I wanted the script to enter /help into DOS. Exactly how would I do this? Without a batch file. I am sure that AutoIt lets you enter commands directly into DOS but I'm not sure how to do it. Thanks.

Also, this is unrelated but might as well not make a new topic. Why is my simple code giving me this error?

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\au3check\CheckCompile.bat" "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\au3check\au3check" "C:\Documents and Settings\Randall Degges\My Documents\Scripts\Flood.au3" "\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe" /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Randall Degges\My Documents\Scripts\Flood.au3"

>*** Starting au3check

>Exit code: 0

>*** Starting  Aut2exe

The system cannot find the path specified.

>Exit code: 3    Time: 0.209

Also, this is unrelated but might as well not make a new topic. Why is my simple code giving me this error?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is the output from Ctrl+Shit+F5 in SciTE correct ?

Looks like your autoit path is missing in au3.prroperties:

Should look something loike this:

# *** Specify here your AutoIt program directory ***

autoit3dir=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

You lost me =( I go to "Check Compile" and that is what pops up. I haven't changed anything and SCiTE has been working fine for me in the past. How do I fix this? Reinstall SCiTE?

You lost me =( I go to "Check Compile" and that is what pops up. I haven't changed anything and SCiTE has been working fine for me in the past. How do I fix this? Reinstall SCiTE?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

click: Options/Open AU3.properties and check line 7 for the above..

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Line 7 looks like:

autoit3dir=

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

/\/,Nov 25 2004, 05:10 PM]Line 7 looks like:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that should automatically be filled in by the installer, but there was an error with it a version or so ago.

Just type the correct path to autoit ...something like shown in the first post.....

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks JDeB. Appreciate the help. Now, do you know anything about sending lines directly do DOS? Heh.

#9 ·  Posted (edited)

/\/,Nov 25 2004, 05:14 PM]Thanks JDeB. Appreciate the help. Now, do you know anything about sending lines directly do DOS? Heh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Search on this forum is a GREAT tool..... :)

Maybe this one from Larry helps ???

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.