PEEK&POKE

faldo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not QBASIC right? you can use ASM right? ive tried making ASM programs, but it looks so much like chinese, like,

MOV EAX
I ahve no idea what any of that meant :) poorly put together help file too, i was using GoAsm, so i did html, batch, tried java, now im on auto it and its the easiest right next to batch... qbasic has like the same functions as autoit and how much do like, the C programs cost?

EH; my second asm program was this

DATA SECTION
WRKEEP DD 0
CODE SECTION
START:
PUSH -11
CALL GetStdHandle
PUSH 0, ADDR WRKEEP
PUSH 11, 'Hello World'
PUSH EAX
CALL WriteFile
MOV EAX,0
RET

this didnt even stay on the screen...

and my first was

CODE SECTION
START:
RET

this was a do nothing app

Edited by layer
FootbaG

• Administrators

not QBASIC right? you can use ASM right? ive tried making ASM programs, but it looks so much like chinese, like, 

MOV EAX
I ahve no idea what any of that meant :)  poorly put together help file too, i was using GoAsm, so i did html, batch, tried java, now im on auto it and its the easiest right next to batch... qbasic has like the same functions as autoit and how much do like, the C programs cost?
I actually used DevCPP to do that one (free).

http://www.bloodshed.net/download.html

I don't know if the DLL works properly (I couldn't get it to change anything, but you need to know the right addresses - which I don't).  The DLL contains two functions for reading/writing bytes given a process PID (you can get this from the RUN function as shown)

$pid = Run("notepad.exe")

_ProcessWriteByte($pid, 6335173, 0x00)
$byte = _ProcessReadByte($pid, 6335173)
Func _ProcessReadByte($mypid, $myoffset)
   $result = DllCall("gamedll.dll", "int", "ProcessReadByte", "int", $mypid, "long", $myoffset) 
   Return $result[0]
EndFunc

Func _ProcessWriteByte($mypid, $myoffset, $mybyte)
   $result = DllCall("gamedll.dll", "none", "ProcessWriteByte", "int", $mypid, "long", $myoffset, "int", $mybyte) 
EndFunc

Put the attached dll in the the working directory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thank you for your efforts... and i will test this right away... but i must ask you some things...

Where do i put the bytes to be read or written? Since there are no helpfiles for the functions you created... do i have to define $myoffset before this function or do i enter my offset instead of 0x00? Is 6335173 the address? Any other parameters that could be changed of should be changed?

*edited*

When i try to run this, i get the error telling me that "_ProcessWriteByte" is not a known function... what did i miss? :o/

Edited by faldo

I don't know if the DLL works properly (I couldn't get it to change anything, but you need to know the right addresses - which I don't).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Jon,

many thanks for your efforts, works great! Tried it on the game "zuma" from PopCap Games, where at Offset $4214f2 the bytes "89 8e c0 00 00 00" exist, which substract one life after you loose a level.

For whom it concerns: found this address using CheatEngine, a free game trainer (not only free, but the best existing trainer tool ever!)

So...

$pid = Run("zuma.exe")

for $i = 0 to 5
 _ProcessWriteByte($pid, Dec("4214f2")+$i, 0x90)
Next 

$result = DllCall("gamedll.dll", "none", "ProcessWriteByte", "int", $mypid, "long", $myoffset, "int", $mybyte) 
EndFunc

And - gotcha - you don't loose any more lives!. Great thing ;)

May I talk you into including a _GetProcessID function, so the game does not have to be startet from AutoIt? :)

Edit: just saw that the new unstable release has a WinGetProcess function - cool! :)

Best regards

Marc

Edited by Marc

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)

so you could get any adress for any game? or only certain ones... the site isn't loading for me as of now!! i was at my cusins, it loaded, hten it got really slow and dint load, and now the page isnt laoding at my house... errr :)

FootbaG

• Administrators

I'm still getting the error telling me that "_ProcessWriteByte" is not a known function... could someone please make a simple example of a script accessing the functions within this .dll?

I'm really exited to give this a try =o)

The example I gave should work if you cut and paste it. If not then something else is very wrong.

The example I gave should work if you cut and paste it.  If not then something else is very wrong.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand that i'm doing something wrong... but i can't figure out how _ProcessWriteByte can be a function without having any Func command defining it??? i thought all functions started with "Func" ?

My script hangs on the second line:

$pid = Run("BF1942.exe")
_ProcessWriteByte($pid, 46AFBF, 0x00)

Since it sais "_ProcessWriteByte" is an unknown function??? I'm sorry if i'm beeing newbieish, but i'm certainly missing something you guys take for granted :o/

• Administrators

I understand that i'm doing something wrong... but i can't figure out how _ProcessWriteByte can be a function without having any Func command defining it??? i thought all functions started with "Func" ?

My script hangs on the second line:

$pid = Run("BF1942.exe")
_ProcessWriteByte($pid, 46AFBF, 0x00)

Since it sais "_ProcessWriteByte" is an unknown function??? I'm sorry if i'm beeing newbieish, but i'm certainly missing something you guys take for granted :o/

Er yeah, the func is defined up there. There are two functions, both defined with Func/EndFunc

Are you sure the error isn't pointing to the 46AFBF which should be 0x46AFBF ?

Edited by Jon

This is how i see it, please correct point of view...

_ProcessWriteByte($pid, 6335173, 0x00) <--- What function is this line part of?
$byte = _ProcessReadByte($pid, 6335173) <--- What function is this line part of?

Func _ProcessReadByte($mypid, $myoffset)  <---Start of 1st function
  $result = DllCall("gamedll.dll", "int", "ProcessReadByte", "int", $mypid, "long", $myoffset) 
  Return $result[0]
EndFunc <---End of 1st function

Func _ProcessWriteByte($mypid, $myoffset, $mybyte) <---Start of 2nd function
EndFunc <---End of 2nd function

I guess my error is that i'm looking at all this in chronologic order? Is "_ProcessWriteByte" called by a function further down in the script?

Code looks fine.  You _have_ downloaded the beta release that contains the DllCall haven't you?  I assumed you had as we were talking about dlls and things...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes i have... but i still get the error :idiot:

I just can't figure out why it gives me the error :S

Edited by faldo

Yes i have... but i still get the error :idiot:

I just can't figure out why it gives me the error :S

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you try this again, please. And tell us exactly what error message you get.

Return $result[0]
EndFunc

EndFunc

• 4 weeks later...

woot my first post !!

Nice little dll, you might want to provide the means to write a defined lenght of bytes in one shot.

There are two things you can do when poking game memory, change parameters of the game or change the actual code of the game. In the first case a byte by byte write to change parameters usually has little effect on game stability, but the second can cause you problems.

It's my understanding (read: noob to C++ game trainer programing) that the writeMemoryProcess function esentually freezes the execution of the code being injected until the write process is complete. this is done to insure that the program does not access the memory during the write process. If I need to write multiple bytes to a process you'll have to run the writeMemoryProcess function several times which has the potential for a crashed proggy.

If for example I needed to change the location of a jump "e9 ab 12 34 56" to "e9 56 43 21 ab", something common with dll injection :idiot: . I would need to cycle your dll function 4 times to replace "ab 12 34 56" with "56 34 12 ab". Between each cycle of the function the injected process is released and allowed to execute until the next writeMemoryProcess call. If by chance (dumb luck) the injected code trys to execute the memory location where I'm injecting It will most likely crash the program.

Something to ponder....

• Administrators

woot my first post !!

Nice little dll, you might want to provide the means to write a defined lenght of bytes in one shot.

There are two things you can do when poking game memory, change parameters of the game or change the actual code of the game. In the first case a byte by byte write to change parameters usually has little effect on game stability, but the second can cause you problems.

It's my understanding (read: noob to C++ game trainer programing) that the writeMemoryProcess function esentually freezes the execution of the code being injected until the write process is complete. this is done to insure that the program does not access the memory during the write process.  If I need to write multiple bytes to a process you'll have to run the writeMemoryProcess function several times which has the potential for a crashed proggy.

If for example I needed to change the location of a jump "e9 ab 12 34 56" to "e9 56 43 21 ab", something common with dll injection :idiot: . I would need to cycle your dll function 4 times to replace "ab 12 34 56" with "56 34 12 ab". Between each cycle of the function the injected process is released and allowed to execute until the next writeMemoryProcess call. If by chance (dumb luck) the injected code trys to execute the memory location where I'm injecting It will most likely crash the program.

Something to ponder....

I was going to do 2 bytes, 4 bytes and accept a string of hex like "ff34d4....." of any length. Also a scanner that you can run once, change something and then run again (to detect something like number of lives decreasing).

No time though!

:D

I was going to do 2 bytes, 4 bytes and accept a string of hex like "ff34d4....." of any length.  Also a scanner that you can run once, change something and then run again (to detect something like number of lives decreasing).

No time though!

:idiot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Read and write of more than one byte would be awsome... 4 bytes would come in good handy! But if you don't have the time it's okey... you've done more than i would ever have imagined so far with the game.dll... thanx a million times Jon!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you try this again, please. And tell us exactly what error message you get.

Return $result[0]
EndFunc

EndFunc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It worked! The script no longer gives me the error message, i believe i missunderstood the function abit... i was typing in the address in hexadecimal, it all cleard out when i converted it into decimal... thanx for the hint Slim!

Oh, another thing... is there a way to get the pid from the program without having to run it like a loader?

Edited by faldo

ProcessExists

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great... thanx alot!

Now all that is left to fix in the game.dll/function is the possibility to write and read to/from 4byte values and it will be the new ultimate game trainer making tool! wieeeh!

Btw, Jon... the scanner function is not that important, reading/writing to/from 4byte values is kinda crucial though :idiot:

I got ahold of this VB source... hope it helps abit:

Private Declare Function ReadProcessMemory Lib "kernel32" (ByVal ProcessID As Long, ByVal lpBaseAddress As Any, lpBuffer As Any, ByVal nSize As Long, lpNumberOfBytesRead As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function WriteProcessMemory Lib "kernel32" (ByVal ProcessID As Long, ByVal lpBaseAddress As Any, lpBuffer As Any, ByVal nSize As Long, lpNumberOfBytesWritten As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function GetWindowThreadProcessId Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, lpdwProcessId As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function GetKeyPress Lib "user32" Alias "GetAsyncKeyState" (ByVal Key As Long) As Integer
Dim WindowName As String
Dim Program As New Class1
Dim TestFindWindow As Integer
Dim pId As Long 'ProcessID
Dim hProc As Long
Dim pHandle As Long 'Process Handle
Dim BaseBuffer As Long
Dim BaseBuffer0 As Long 'buffer
Dim BaseBuffer1 As Long 'buffer
Dim BaseBuffer2 As Long 'buffer
Dim BaseBuffer3 As Long 'buffer
Dim BaseBuffer4 As Long 'buffer
Dim BaseBuffer5 As Long 'buffer
Dim BaseBuffer6 As Long 'buffer
Dim BaseBuffer7 As Long 'buffer
Dim BaseBuffer10 As Long
Dim OpcodeBuffer As Long

Private Sub Form_Load()
   'Get window handle
WindowName = "RallyXT v1.0"
Dim hwnd As Long 'Item Handle
    hwnd = FindWindow(vbNullString, "RallyXT v1.0")
    'Make sure the window is open
    'Get PID PID = ProcessID
    GetWindowThreadProcessId hwnd, pId
    'Obtain Proccesss handle
    pHandle = OpenProcess(PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS, False, pId)
    hProc = GetHProcExe("game.exe")
End Sub

Private Sub btnProtect_Click()
hProc = GetHProcExe("game.exe")
Call ReadProcessMemory(hProc, &H36F8D1, BaseBuffer7, 4&, 4)
Call ReadProcessMemory(hProc, BaseBuffer7 + 368, BaseBuffer1, 4&, 4)
Call WriteProcessMemory(hProc, BaseBuffer1 + 172, &H1, 1&, 1)
End Sub

I believe the "4&, 4" and "1&, 1" at the end of the calls represent the number of bytes of the value.

Clearly this code uses basebuffers as "variables" to hold DMA address locations in (if you wonder why they're there :D) It's one way to "defeat DMA".

Edited by faldo