Can AutoIt do anything with the KeyBoard?

i did

i searched keyboard functions

and keyboard

and i looked in the help file

no autoit scripts with Keyboard related functions

... Try looking through the index of the help file, heres one command, BlockInput() now you go find the rest

Trust me its there, the help file is the best tool in AutoIt and the index is my best friend, after all you cant ask for more then a list of every strandard autoit function can you?

[center][/center]

i did

i searched keyboard functions

and keyboard

and i looked in the help file

no autoit scripts with Keyboard related functions

You didn't look very hard! Help File >>Function Reference>>Keyboard Control

And it even includes examples.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

BlockInput(1)

Kinda what you are looking for?

or _MouseTrap()

You didn't look very hard! Help File >>Function Reference>>Keyboard Control

And it even includes examples.

... wtf

i when i go to the help file

there is no function reference

its jus a bunch of .au3 files

You're looking at the Examples/Help FOLDER. There should be an icon for Help in the AutoIt Start menu folder. That will be the icon with the big yellow question mark on it.

If you can't find it run this code.

ShellExecute(StringReplace(@AutoItExe, ".exe", ".chm"))

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

BlockInput() will not accomplish what you're looking for, pressing control+alt+del sets BlockInput() to 0. there was a post a long time ago(i'll look for it) with code to block input until a password was keyed, without use of a password screen, that i think may come closer to accomplishing what you want.

ok

what will

ShellExecute(StringReplace(@AutoItExe, ".exe", ".chm"))

do?

EDIT

all it did was run the help file OVER and OVER

all i wanna do is restrict control key or alt or delete key

And just what did you expect it to do, write your code for you?? You said all you could find for help was a bunch of au3 files. I just showed you how to open the Help file. I'm not expecting anyone to just give you the code you want so best you start in the help file and figure it out.

George

And just what did you expect it to do, write your code for you?? You said all you could find for help was a bunch of au3 files. I just showed you how to open the Help file. I'm not expecting anyone to just give you the code you want so best you start in the help file and figure it out.

BTW: Consider yourself lucky I didn't put that ShellExecute in a While 1 loop.

George

Yeah as far as the

all it did was run the help file OVER and OVER

It should have just run once unless you put it inside of a loop. and looking at your previous topics of questionable to malicious intent, i'm going to go ahead and call that the end of the help that you get from me. good day

jesus

why are you guys so uptight

is there something in ur backside?

all i want is some code that blocks control alt delete

im using my fucking lockout program

u need me to provide script?

we're "uptight" because having someone mess with your computer sucks, even if it's just something dumb like a little douchebag making your cd tray spaz out, or preventing you from accessing the task manager; it can really ruin someone's day, and i'd rather have no part in that. Posting code is a good way to show your intent with a program, and to let others know that you have actually tried to do something yourself even though you've obviously not tried searching the forums.

***edit***

fixed link

Edited by cameronsdad