How to Open a webpage?

run('program.exe "option" ','c:\path\')

substitute program.exe with your browser executable

substitute option with http://www.autoitscript.com

substitute c:\path\ with the path to your browser.

this would open your broswer to that page.

Use inetget() to download a page to your computer as a file.

I also use WGET to have a few more options when getting webpages.

Edited by scriptkitty

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

Also keep in mind that INetGet() is only available in the current beta version of .103. Everyone fails to mention that.

JS :)

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Also keep in mind that INetGet() is only available in the current beta version of .103. Everyone fails to mention that.

JS :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi there,

Yes eaxctly he didforget to mention it and I had a hard time looking for it. Ok now that I can open the webpage [i did it by sending the #r command and send the web address, opens it in the default browser.]

Now there is this button on the site you have to click to start the download process namely 'Start Download' is there a way to click this button without user's need ? Also without sending Mousemove command. I mean to say is there a way where someone can just match the text on the button and send an enter command once it's located?

regards,

Badboy.

Hi there,

Yes eaxctly he didforget to mention it and I had a hard time looking for it. Ok now that I can open the webpage [i did it by sending the #r command and send the web address, opens it in the default browser.]

Now there is this button on the site you have to click to start the download process namely 'Start Download' is there a way to click this button without user's need ? Also without sending Mousemove command. I mean to say is there a way where someone can just match the text on the button and send an enter command once it's located?

regards,

Badboy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no way around either 'clicking' it or finding text close to it and then tabbing over to the button and 'sending' an {ENTER}.

It is also possible if the button is related to a form that you could create your own HTML page with the same form and same button name and that be all that is on the page so you can use a simple {TAB} or 2 and get to the button.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Couldn't you just find out the address that clicking the button sends you to, and then navigate to that with inetget(), or urldownloadtofile()? To me that would be eaiser than Tabbing over to the Button, or sending Mouse Movements.

Thanks,

Ian

"Blessed be the name of the Lord" - Job 1:21Check out Search IMF

That would work, unless the page it sends you to verifies that, the button was pressed to get there.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

You might look into Wget. You can set up a referal page, and it even can work with cookies and such.

I have a page that I have to log into, but it sets a cookie on my computer and I don't have to log in after that. Thus I have WGet grab the page, parse it with autoit, and download the links I want.

WGet is a commandline program ported from unix.

http://wget.sunsite.dk/ and various others.

You can also use it to post a string or file, and more. This way it acts just like a browser. There are ways to circumvent it however with javascripts and such. Some web pages might employ this.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

• 1 month later...

JS ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that, JS. And for

"I also use WGET to have a few more options when getting webpages."

where is WGET to be found.?