Multiple Tabs / Windows open in SciTe ?

Sorry, but I can't seem to locate the parameter to allow viewing & working in multiple panes at the same time. Come to think of it, I've never been able to locate this, and usually I just fire up ConText or :) even MS Word.

I've searched and that does not seem to be a topic here. I'm sure there is some sort of side by side viewing & working arrangement, but since SciTe requires you set things in files to get certain options, it's not readily apparent what that option might be or where or how to keep it. Maybe there is a SciTe noob post you can refer me to? I dislike going to a different editor to work in au3 files...even though ConText is just great for a general text editor and messing with my Train Sim files (can't be beat for that), it's lacking in AutoIt3 ... in my opinion.

Thanks for any help on this cold & snowy day here in Michigan... :)

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.-Daniel Webster

Sorry all if I tend to wander in my fingered enunciation....Blame it on my age or early youth experience... :)

Yes...I want to be able to edit two or more au3 files side by side in SeiTe.

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.-Daniel Webster

• Developers

So I am guessing that the image displayed using Python is the output box?

SciTE page

yes.... change the split.vertical and it will show up as in the picture:

split.vertical=1

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 9 years later...

Well, I suppose use the output pane similar to a hello world,..

just...

1. make a "hello world" program, with a blank string ""
2. minify the whole program to one line.
3. split the line in two where the quote begins, skip a line between them
4. on the blank line, paste your document
5. view document in output pane
6. delete code and edit in the original pane

hacky but for some it might be fun just cuz you can

(of course you could also just open two scite windows next to each other and vertically maximize them)

Edited by Melba23
Posts merged

• Moderators

gclaborn,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums.

But did you notice that the post above yours dates from some 9.5 years ago? Please do NOT necro-post like this again - particularly when it adds virtually nothing to the original thread.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area