OEMWizard (System Properties Wrapper)

James

Hi all,

This script can add information about your computer to the system properties box:

• XP and below:

• Logo
    • Manufacturer
    • Model
    • Support Information - 7 lines!
  • Vista:

• Logo
    • Support Hours
    • Telephone Number
Logos must be *.bmp however they are renamed to "oemlogo.bmp" anyway. The information is stored in oeminfo.ini found in the System(32) dir or in Vista everything is in the registry. Currently, SPW is not writing the information in Vista.

If you are running XP or below, then you will have a normal GUI (different height). If you are running Vista and have a premium or ultimate edition then you can get the Aero Glass effect!

Screenshot of new Vista GUI:

Posted Image

[snipped Code] - OEMWizard.au3

Thank you to:

Thanks to MHz who helped me with a function to add information about OEM Branding Wizard to the end of a *.ini! Thanks to Geo for the Vista System Properties guide and cutting fixing a possible error.

To-Do/Done/Bugs:

Bug: Vista support - All done!

Bug: Vista not writing information correctly - Pfft, stupid me!

Bug: Fix Temp OEM INI writing - Thanks Swift!

To-Do: Spelling

To-Do Optimize code by cutting it down- Loop maybe? - Current line count = 460

To-Do: Added Vista Aero Glass GUI

Updates:

Update 8-July-2008: I have added Vista Aero Glass to GUI, looking sexy! Fixed Vista Support although SPW is still not writing the data.

James

Edited by James

Hi all,

Mainly for Limiter but for you all to share. This script can add information about your computer to the systen properties box.

• You can add a logo
  • Manufacturer
  • Model
  • Support Information
Logos must be *.bmp they are renamed to oemlogo.bmp anyway. The information is stored in oeminfo.ini found in the System(32) dir. I don't know if it works on Vista so you will have to remove the OS check to see if it does.

Thanks to MHz who helped me with a function to add information about OEM Branding Wizard to the end of a *.ini!

James

It won't work on Vista because Vista doesn' use the oeminfo.ini file but if you want to modify your code to make it change the Vista info then see this page for the registry info that will do it for you.

http://www.askvg.com/add-customized-string...-windows-vista/

Nice work by the way.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Thanks George! Problem is I cannot try it as I don't and won't have Vista.

It will work. All you have to do is detect if the OS is Vista and add some RegWrites in there to handle the information as shown on that page. I'm sure there are several Vista users on the forums that will test it for you.

Actually, since they have no effect in XP, you could just do the regwrites in XP to make sure they are created properly and then delete them after.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Good idea! I shall work on V1.2

I also forgot to change the picture when you change it :duh:

BTW, this line looks like it should fail.

If $OS = "WIN_XP" Or "WIN_2003" Or "WIN_NT4" Or "WIN_2000" Or "WIN_ME" Or "WIN_98" Or "WIN_95"

Edit: It should probably be

If $OS <> "WIN_VISTA"
Edited by GEOSoft

George

Nice Program James...But There Is Way Too Many Bugs For Me To Use It...I Can Name 2 Off The Top Of My Head... :) Would you like me to post them?

1) Pressing: Create temporary OEM Info~~Will: cause error:

Line 240
If Not $IniTest[1][1] = "" Then
If Not $IniTest^ERROR

Error: Subscript used with non-array Variable

2) Unchecking: Use Support Info~~Will: cause error:

Line 95

GUICtrlSetState($Suppost_Hours, $GUI_DISABLE)
GUICtrlSetState(^ERROR

Error: Variable used without being declared

---All So Far.

Nice Program James...But There Is Way Too Many Bugs For Me To Use It...I Can Name 2 Off The Top Of My Head... :) Would you like me to post them?

1) Pressing: Create temporary OEM Info~~Will: cause error:

Line 240
 If Not $IniTest[1][1] = "" Then
 If Not $IniTest^ERROR

Error: Subscript used with non-array Variable

2) Unchecking: Use Support Info~~Will: cause error:

Line 95

GUICtrlSetState($Suppost_Hours, $GUI_DISABLE)
 GUICtrlSetState(^ERROR

Error: Variable used without being declared

---All So Far.

The 2nd bug I fixed it was a wrong variable name :)

Bug 1 I need to take some code from the OEM save and copy it :)

The 2nd bug I fixed it was a wrong variable name :)

Bug 1 I need to take some code from the OEM save and copy it :)

You can probably shorten up the code by using 2 new functions. The first to write the INI file if it's not Vista and the second to write the registry if it is Vista. Also the same controls that you used for non-Vista should be able to be re-used if the system is Vista, no need (that I can see) to create additional controls. It's mainly a matter of whether it should be written to an INI file or the registry. Also be carefull with the OEMLogo.bmp. There are image size restictions for that file and they vary somewhat between Windows versions.

There is lots of information about all of this available through Google.

George

I created my oeminfo.ini from a website found on google ( it's not created with your app ) ...

Your app gives me an error :

>Running:(3.2.10.0):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\de pe c\AutoIt\system.au3"

D:\de pe c\AutoIt\system.au3 (369) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:

GUICtrlSetData($SupportInfo_Line3, $OSIni_Read[3][1])

GUICtrlSetData($SupportInfo_Line3, ^ ERROR

->16:06:57 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1

>Exit code: 1 Time: 21.792

My oeminfo.ini :

[General]

Manufacturer=L|M|TER Corporation

Model=The L|M|TER Technology

[support Information]

Line1=© L|M|TER 2008

Line2=All Rights Reserved.

BTW ... Nice app ! Edited by LIMITER