IE7 File Download Popup Window Winwait Problem

jcb55iii

I've had a script running on a win2k workstation interacting with a bank website using ie6 for over a year now, which downloads a file daily from the web site when the file link is clicked. IE opens a "File Download" dialog box informing the user about the "concerns of downloading a file over the internet". The script does a "winwait" for the dialog box, does a "controlclick" of the "SAVE" button and then "SENDS" the file name to the "Save To" dialog box after another "winwait" for this dialog box. We recently upgraded the PCs and they now have windows XP and ie7 installed on them. The script no longer works!!! It hangs on the "winwait" waiting for the dialog box to exist, even though the dialog box has opened and is active. Is this a know issue with "winwait" and either winXP or ie7? Is there a solution? Thanks.

I'm guessing that IE is causing your script to pause even before it gets to the WinWait. Try SciTe debug mode (see my sig) to confirms.

If so, see the 3rd example of _IEAction in the helpfile.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I did debug the script to the console. The sleep(1000) statement immediately prior to the "winwait", debugs to the console, the debug line following the "winwait" does not execute so my assumption is the script is paused on the "winwait". :)

Additionally, what really has me confused, is that I can obtain all the windows information for the "winwait" command from the dialog box using the Autoit Windows Info utility, but the script just doesn't seem to respond to it. Could XP be blocking access? I would think if the Info utility can access the dialog box, the script could as well. ;)

I'm guessing that IE is causing your script to pause even before it gets to the WinWait. Try SciTe debug mode (see my sig) to confirms.

If so, see the 3rd example of _IEAction in the helpfile.

Dale

Edited by jcb55iii

The default window title for popus changes with IE7 - are you relying on that? Suggest you double-check that.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble