Sign in to follow this  
Guest the_wiseguy

Right Program?

Guest the_wiseguy

I am looking for a way in which to automate the process of clicking radio buttons and then entering data into a set field on a webpage. Autoit looks like a good option but I'm not sure.

A good example of what i'm talking about would be registering for a forum (although that's not what i want to do). Would autoit be the right thing to use or should i look elsewhere. If you think autoit is not a good choice for this do you have any suggestions?

Webpages are in the "grey area" of autoit. It would mostly be a combination of sending tabs and text to the page since autoit cannot see the webpage's controls (images, buttons, etc.) I would recommend learning javascript because it can do anything you want with a webpage.

EDIT: There is also a program called AI Roboform. I have never used it, but it gets some good reviews.

Edited by this-is-me

Who else would I be?

I use GUI enabled AU3 scripts to complete web and mainframe 3270 pages with a series of sending keystrokes. It often takes some experimenting but worth the effort.

If you can do what you want with keys, you can make Au3 do it.

:idiot:

Guest the_wiseguy

Yeah I can do what I want with keys, but it would work far better if I could jump to a field. Thanks guys I might take a look at AI Roboform.