Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dinodod

_IECreate not opening multiple tabs in IE7

4 posts in this topic

I was using the UDF _IECreate in hopes to be able to open multiple sites in 1 browser using multiple tabs but so far, I still can't seem to get it to work.

Is there a more preferred method of opening sites in tabs in IE7 or is _IECreate still the best option?

Thx

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

There is an undocumented function in IE.au3 called __IENavigate (not two underscores) that gives you an interface to do this. You need to edit IE.au3 and find the function to see the docs for it. You can either use it in IE.au3 or learn from what it does and use the code in your app. Essentially, it uses the Navigate2 method of the browser that lets you do this.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

__IENavigate sounds like what I might need but now I have more questions about it.

1) It's unsupported because? is this newer?

2) Will it be supported or replace _IENAVIGATE?

3) It has a FLAG to open in new tabs but how do I enable that option?

4) How do I use it?? LOL, sounds silly but I'm getting a seperator error when i try to use this:

__IENavigate($oIE,"www.test.com", 0, navOpenInNewTab)

Thanks

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

It is unsupported because I don't like the way it works. I really want to return you an object reference to the new window, but Navigate2 doesn't work that way. It will be superceded by something else (possibly _IECreateTab).

You need to use the hex number format - the symbol is not defined. i.e.:

__IENavigate($oIE,"www.test.com", 0, 0x0800)

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble