Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dinodod

Internet Filter (Alpha app)

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I've been working a bit on a very EARLY ALPHA version of a internet filter and I was wondering what you think thus far. I know there are issues and if you can provide deeper insight, I would be grateful. I am trying to get a internet filter in place.

I know there are so many issues that I will be opening up that I haven't come across yet. I'm just trying to get a simple connection to 1 web site to work before I expand.

Known Issues

------------------

* Only tested on IE v.7

* Refreshing a page / opening an instance of IE doesn't always 'connect' to my app thus it hangs there wating

* I have only built the app to the point where it tries to connect to the IP of the domain. I HAVE NOT designed the return portion where it will receive the data back, filter it and pass it on as I am still trying to work on the 1st portion of the app

Instructions

------------------

1) Configure proxy connection in IE to be set to the IP of your computer (If behind a router, configure it for you LAN IP, NOT WAN IP)

2) Edit .au3 file to match the IP assigned to #1 above

Future Updates

------------------

Hope to be able to trap traffic in IE and othr apps without the need to configure the proxy setting - ???

Bug fixes

Additional testing

Web_Filter_Server.au3

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

No comments?

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007