how to read volume of drive

Hi, I need help on these 2 questions, and I am using the latest AutoIt scripts and SciTE4AutoIt3 Version 1.71

(1) I am creating a script to do stuffs from my external drive, what is the command to read the volume of a drive?

(2) when using Scite, when I goto "Tools\Go (F5)", it does not run the script, what must I do?

Thanks

• Developers

Have you saved the file as filname.au3? this is required for SciTE to recognise the file as an Autoit3 script and to be able to run or compile it.

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

(1) I am creating a script to do stuffs from my external drive, what is the command to read the volume of a drive?

If you mean the volume label (straight from the help file):
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>

If you mean lower level details, like from WMI, you'll have to be more specific about what you want to read.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

If you mean the volume label (straight from the help file):

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>

If you mean lower level details, like from WMI, you'll have to be more specific about what you want to read.

Thanks,

I found it in help file and What I mean is to find the volume label like this

$var = DriveGetLabel( "g:\" )

Thanks,

I found it in help file and What I mean is to find the volume label like this

$var = DriveGetLabel( "g:\" )

Glad you got it, and a quote from DriveGetLabel() is exactly what I meant to post.

What wound up in my earlier post was code from another topic I was responding to. Sorry for the confusion.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law