sound help

i did search on the forum and wasn't really able to find anything except for the Beep function

What i was wondering though was how exactly i would go about making something like sound editing

I am trying to find source codes for open source music editing projects. That might shed some light.

But to get sound to play through a speaker like digitally generated sound. Like an oscillator

I dont really know how i would go about that or where to start. if someone could point me in the right

direction that'd be really nice.

Well, Sound Editing, Is MultiMillion dollar software, and extremely advanced, If you were going to take this much time and effort into a sound editor in AutoIt, I really wish you luck, I paid $50 for my Creative Wave Studio. And it works perfectly, you would need to read a .mp3/.wav file using a dll, and convert it and make lines and blah...It would be really hard. I don't know what dll's to call or how to convert .mp3 to string. Don't ask :). My best wishes! -Swift

I have a idea. Just to see what it returns.

Put a .mp3 file on your desktop and try this

_FileReadToArray(@DesktopDir & "\sound.mp3", "array here")

and put that array into a msgbox or edit or something ;) I'd like to see what it returns!

Edited by Swift

It returns 1 but it's an empty array. it has one line for whichver mp3 i choose.

basically this is returned 1 then id3 with a box

i think im going to look at other projects that are not written in autoit and see what i can learn from them