Can this be done?

Hey guys, im new to autoit and i have a situation and was wondering if an autoit script can be created to solve a problem...

I work at an organisation where there are two separate networks, Network 1 and Network 2. We have a few users who use both networks with no worries, however, to help with security, everyones password on Network 1 expires after 40 days, and for most people its not a worry. But the users who use both networks must keep both network passwords in sync (the same), but this means after changing their password on their Network 1 machine, they have to walk around and find a computer on Network 2 and change it so they are the same again.

My question is, can a file be made that can run and access AD on Network 2 from Network 1 so users can change their password from there own computers? So something that asks them for user name, their old password, and a new one?

Hope that makes some sense

Hi,

if you can do it manually you should be able to automate this process via Autoit.

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

what i guess you'll need is

mousemove

sleep

send

mouseclick

here's how each thing works

mousemove (x, y, speed) ;minimum speed is 1, maximum is 100. 0 teleports the mouse

sleep (time in milliseconds) ;the code pauses for a given amount of time in milliseconds

send ("keys") ;imitates keyboard

mouseclick ("button") ;imitates mouse clicks. you can use "left" "right" "middle" buttons and probably more i don't know about

with that you do what you'd do manually.

mousemove (x, y);bring mouse to file
mouseclick ("left")
mouseclick ("left");doubleclick
sleep ("5000");wait for 5 seconds till the file opens
send ("blah blah blah");hits blah keys 3 times

and so on.

everything after the ; is comments.