Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chaos945

Child Processes

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Has anyone successfully done this? I am trying to launch an executable and track spawned child processes. Ie: A.exe launches B.exe and the PID is linked somehow to A.exe.

For anyone with Spybot - S&D installed see for instance launch "SDMAIN.exe" this in turn launches "SPYBOTSD.exe". I could just run "SPYBOTSD.exe" but it is super-hidden by default and _FileListToArray() does not seem to find it.

Edited by chaos945

Has anyone successfully done this? I am trying to launch an executable and track spawned child processes. Ie: A.exe launches B.exe and the PID is linked somehow to A.exe.

For anyone with Spybot - S&D installed see for instance launch "SDMAIN.exe" this in turn launches "SPYBOTSD.exe". I could just run "SPYBOTSD.exe" but it is super-hidden by default and _FileListToArray() does not seem to find it.

You could run _ProcessListProperties(), which lists parent PIDs and follow the chain. You could just extract whay you need from the 2D array, or it shouldn't be hard to extract just the specialized part you want from the code to track only PIDs and PPIDs.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law