Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soporific

My AutoIT app doesn't work in my unattended DVD

5 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I've written a little AutoIT app that allows the user to select which driverpacks they want to use, and it is supposed to load after setup files have been copied over, and the machine reboots. It doesn't. I've tried registering the AutoItX3.dll before starting the app and this doesn't help. SO my questions are:

1. will a compiled AutoIT exe work during Windows XP setup?

2. If so, how do i get it to work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

An AutoIt compiled executable is the same as another compiled exe

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/

what i translate your reply to mean is: "as an AutoIt compiled executable is the same as another compiled exe, it should work fine but i have no idea why it isn't working for you."

So, does anyone know why a pre-compiled AutoIT script won't even start up when i try to use it in an unattended Windows XP installation. The point i'm trying to use it is just before T39 (the setup files have just finished copying, the computer has rebooted, and the XP setup environment has started). To be safe, i have a test script that only produces a dialog box (which i press OK to) -- if i can get that running i'm sure i can do the rest.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by soporific

I've tried registering the AutoItX3.dll before starting the app and this doesn't help.

AutoItX3.dll may not register at T-39 as the registry is not setup at that time.

1. will a compiled AutoIT exe work during Windows XP setup?

Look through this topic at MSFN as they use AutoIt at T-39 to add drivers.

2. If so, how do i get it to work?

T-39 is a very limited stage of Windows setup so only certain functions may work.

:)

AutoItX3.dll may not register at T-39 as the registry is not setup at that time.

Look through this topic at MSFN as they use AutoIt at T-39 to add drivers.

T-39 is a very limited stage of Windows setup so only certain functions may work.

:)

Thanks for all this, i've used that Drivers method before actually, and it seems they've either compiled the exe's to look unlike an AutoIT exe, or they aren't in fact AutoIT exe's.

the script i'm trying to run is very limited as it is, but that's not working at all. I know that a VB5 script works at that point but you need to include all the files for VB5 with the script, so i tried the same with AutoIT files but no success with that either.

Thanks for any help.