Trogdor Desktop

james3mg

Well, there's no end to the people I ripped off in this script without permission- most notably madflame991's Super Mario Screen Mate and, eventually, homestarrunner's Trogdor the Burninator game. Mostly, I was interested in how/if I could take something like madflame's super mario and make it interactive- walking on the tops of windows, etc. So I used Trogdor, instead. :)

Here's the .zip file I've got so far:

trogdordesktop.zip

(the script is included so you can see how it works and change it for yourself).

Use the arrow keys to move him (or drag with your mouse), and use spacebar to burninate...though you can't actually burn anything, naturally. He can climb around on the screen freely, but when he stops, he'll fall back down to the top or bottom edge of the nearest window under him.

Eventually, I'd like to have him move around on his own when you're not interacting with him, graphics to make it look like you set the vertical edge of a nearby window on fire, cottages come up on the desktop from the distance when he's walking around, the ability to burninate peasants who emerge from the cottages, etc...basically just a waste of time.

Even if I don't take this further, it's fun to mess with for a few minutes, and I only killed 90 minutes making it, including ripping the screenshots off homestarrunner's game. Just let me know if you find any bugs with the stuff that allegedly "works" thus far.

Edited by james3mg
"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

TROGDOR!!!!!

TROGDOR!!!!!

Trogdor was a man

I mean, he was a dragon-man

Uh... Maybe he was just a dragon

Uh... But he was still

TROGDOR!!!!!

TROGDOR!!!!!

Burninating the countryside

Burninating the peasants

Burninating all the peoples

In the thatched-roof cottages

THATCHED-ROOF COTTAGES!!

and then Trogdor comes in the..

NIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!

:)

Edited by Tomb616

TROGDOR!!!!!

TROGDOR!!!!!

Trogdor was a man

I mean, he was a dragon-man

Uh... Maybe he was just a dragon

Uh... But he was still

TROGDOR!!!!!

TROGDOR!!!!!

Burninating the countryside

Burninating the peasants

Burninating all the peoples

In the thatched-roof cottages

THATCHED-ROOF COTTAGES!!

and then Trogdor comes in the..

NIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!

:)

I can burninate that song in Guitar Hero :party:

This is cool, although I use Wine, and it's configured to ignore other windows, so It just keeps falling off of the screen :)

Thats one ugly dragon. Fix that :)

Feel free :party: I don't feel like drawing and animating trogdor myself- these pictures are just screenshots from their game

@everyone: thanks for your comments- I thought this was another thread destined to fall off the edge of the forum without so much as a sideways glance. So, I'm glad it at least got some laughs! :)

I like the idea of having him set the edges of windows on fire- I think next I'll work on that and walking about by himself when you've left him alone for a bit (or maybe when he's not the active window, so you're clearly not controlling him). None of that should be too hard, so I'll post updates here.

'Later

Edited by james3mg
"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110