FileInstall && Cache removing

void

; Include a bitmap found in "C:\test.bmp" with the compiled program and put it in "D:\mydir\test.bmp" when it is run

$b = True

If $b = True Then FileInstall("C:\1.gif", "c:\blah\123.gif")

ShellExecute("c:\blah\123.gif")

FileDelete("c:\blah\123.gif")

wont work ... coz i must us If... to check is file closed ... how to do this ...

anyway problem is : Adding picture inside EXE and opening it ... i think this is only solution FOR NON BMP images !!!!!

bye and great forum btw

Edited by void

This code looks like it would work - I would use the Sleep commands to allow time for the disk read and write operations:

;Use the tray icon to exit...
$b = True
If $b = True Then FileInstall("C:\1.gif", "c:\blah\123.gif")
Sleep(1300)
ShellExecute("c:\blah\123.gif")
Sleep(800)
While 1
Sleep(30)
Wend
FileDelete("c:\blah\123.gif")
There are often other ways of doing things - even in a scripting language like AutoIt, but after you have become intimately familiar with either the AutoIt help file, the English language, or Christian etiquette, you might expect more replies to this topic. :)

In this higher-level language, AutoIt3, a scripting language that happens to be compilable, if there is any way whatever to get a particular thing done, we beginners and script coders should be happy - we don't have to learn C++ or VB in order to write compilable code!

But Zedna is doing some work on this kind of thing - shown in this thread.

Edited by Squirrely1

Das Häschen benutzt Radar

yeah i used sleep ... but i also used ProcessWait coz i know whick app will load my image* =) ... but there are other ways ... anyway this one works !

*but i dont know whick one will start one some others pc's :)

There is an easy way to get a specific program - like the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer - to always be used to open your particular image in an AutoIt script. To get the .exe path, go to Folder Options > file extentions tab > .jpeg list item > click Edit

Yeah, and get its path - a RunDll call - then use the pic path as a parameter.

Edited by Squirrely1

Das Häschen benutzt Radar

Just use ShellExecuteWait instead of ShellExecute.

like a charm !

funny thing ... then i used processwait it deletes file just after displaying ... thats the best as it gets BUT this is what am looking for.