Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dickep

sevice fully starte?

1 post in this topic

I am trying to write an application that reads all services as to the time it takes to be fully up and functional. To do that, I need to make sure I (1) don't waste time, (2) have ALL appropriate services logged and (3) can see any service that should be running but is not.

So, to that end (a lot, huh??) I need to figure out if there is a way to determine if all services are up and running. Like (1) above, I don't want to do some manual timing to get "worst" case and then sleep that long. What I would LIKE is the time to get services up and fully running, capture that time for a number of starts and give some max, min and average. What would be even better is to get the last 1 or 2 services to fully come up and run, capture those over time - maybe seeing if one or more is taking more time than expected and report that out.

Basically this is a Test Area type of tool - not trying to be malicious or invasive, just trying to get data for units to report back. Have seen some units that take more time than expected to come up to a "fully functional" state.

Thanks

E