Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
romulous

Reliable Way of Opening Recycle Bin

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a 100% reliable (i.e. works every single time) way of opening Recycle Bin using AutoIt? I have the following script:

ShellExecute ( "::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}" ); Opens the Recycle Bin

It works about 95% of the time - the other 5% it just opens a normal Windows Explorer window (like the My Computer window). I haven't been able to work out a pattern as to why it fails sometimes.

Thanks,

CM

Edited by romulous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Mayb this will work better?

Run("explorer.exe ::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}")
:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mayb this will work better?

Run("explorer.exe ::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}")
:)
Thanks - hopefully that will do the trick. I tried it 5 times in a row, and it opened Recycle Bin correctly 5 times, so it looks promising.

Regards,

CM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0