Set working directory

Is there a way to set the working directory i know you can use @workinddir to get it but is there a way to set it?

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

Is there a way to set the working directory i know you can use @workinddir to get it but is there a way to set it?

Yes! There is, I just have forgot it! Ahh, I'll keep looking!

FOUND IT!

FileChangeDir ( "path" )

FileChangeDir

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changes the current working directory.

FileChangeDir ( "path" )

Parameters

path The path to make the current working directory.

Return Value

Success: Returns 1.

Failure: Returns 0 if working directory not changed.

Remarks

None.

Related

@WorkingDir

Example

FileChangeDir(@WindowsDir)

Edited by R6V2

It would be good if a help file was supplied wouldn't it? and even better if there was a section something like 'File Directory and disc management'. I don't know why it hasn't already been done.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

It would be good if a help file was supplied wouldn't it? and even better if there was a section something like 'File Directory and disc management'. I don't know why it hasn't already been done.

Yeah, I'd love to know where I found that documentation.

I actually had to search Martin...haha :)

I had searched and i found nothing in the help file i always search on the forums and the help file before posting.

[quote name='PsaltyDS' post='635433' date='Jan 27 2009, 07:04 AM']Larry is a mass murderer?! It's always the quiet, clean cut, bald guys... [/quote]

• 11 years later...

typing "Working" in index of help file does not find this at all not even the @WorkingDir help unless u actually type the symbol "@" and that only gets you how to call it not how to set it? I found the answer by finding this thread. I think this is easily remedied by adding tags to index search that will lead you to the "FileChangeDir" and "@WorkingDir" that or add links under "@WorkingDir" that take us to "FileChangeDir" help file would have saved me and others like me 15 min of searching for the most basic of basics :).

1 hour ago, spindel said:

typing "Working" in index of help file does not find this at all not even the @WorkingDir help unless u actually type the symbol "@" and that only gets you how to call it not how to set it? I found the answer by finding this thread.

Press F1 in the SciTE-Editor will open the Help. Select Search and enter the keyword.

Help.png.99678398ab9ccba329f7c2cb4747bba9.png

That's not much of a challenge, is it  ;)?

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

3 hours ago, spindel said:

typing "Working" in index of help file does not find this at all not even the @WorkingDir help unless u actually type the symbol "@" and that only gets you how to call it not how to set it? I found the answer by finding this thread. I think this is easily remedied by adding tags to index search that will lead you to the "FileChangeDir" and "@WorkingDir" that or add links under "@WorkingDir" that take us to "FileChangeDir" help file would have saved me and others like me 15 min of searching for the most basic of basics :).

Make a new thread next time, instead of a reviving a decade old thread. The answer to most of the basic questions is in the help file.