run/shell execute from inside function

so i started to throw together a script to start a aplication and then restart it if its closed for some reason, but ive found a very strange result when the script executes the program from within my function using variables in place of the path, i cant even imagine what im doing wrong, but when the program runs its as if its not interacting with explorer corectly, it starts but 2 or more other items open in the task bar that have no visable GUI, and they have titles like 000000C1C_PID, also the program window minimizes to to the edge of the desktop asif explorer isnt running.

This works perfectly even when i put it in a loop

while 1
         if ProcessExists("SyncBackSE.exe")=0 then ShellExecute ( "SyncBackSE.exe","","C:\Program Files\2BrightSparks\SyncBackSE")oÝ÷ ÚÉ^ztÓ§u«­¢+ÙÝ¡¥±Ä(ÍÑÉÐ ÅÕ½ÐíèÀäÈíAɽɴ¥±ÌÀäÈìÉ  É¥¡ÑMÁÉ­ÌÀäÈíMå¹  ­MÀäÈíMå¹    ­M¹áÅÕ½Ðì¤(ͱÀ ÄÀÀ¤)ݹ()Õ¹ÍÑÉÐ ÀÌØíÕ±°°ÀÌØí±ôÀ°ÀÌØíѥѱôÀ¤($ÀÌØíáõMÑÉ¥¹QÉ¥µ1Ð ÀÌØíÕ±°±MÑÉ¥¹%¹MÑÈ ÀÌØíÕ±°°ÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈìÅÕ½Ðì°À°´Ä¤¤($ÀÌØíÁÑ õMÑÉ¥¹1Ð ÀÌØíÕ±°±MÑÉ¥¹%¹MÑÈ ÀÌØíÕ±°°ÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈìÅÕ½Ðì°À°´Ä¤´Ä¤($(%¥AɽÍÍá¥ÍÑÌ ÀÌØíá¤ôÀÑ¡¸($%ͱÀ ÔÀÀ¤($$íIÕ¸ ÀÌØíÕ±°°ÀÌØíÁÑ ¤($%M¡±±áÕÑ ÀÌØíá°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíÁÑ ¤(($¥ÀÌØí±ôÅÕ½Ðí´ÅÕ½ÐìQ¡¸($%]¥¹]¥Ð ÀÌØíѥѱ¤($%ͱÀ ÔÀÀ¤($%]¥¹MÑMÑÑ ÀÌØíѥѱ°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì±M]}5%9%5%i¤($¹¥(%¹%($)¹Õ¹

ps both shellexecute and run have the same resulting issue within my function

thanks in advance for any help

Update:

so i still dont know what to think of this issue, but i found it had to do with the fact i didnt nest the 2nd if statement within the first, but seeing as the criteria for that if statement was never met, i dont understand what the hell happend. whatev

Edited by JohnMC

Ok since your code seems a little strange I',m going to do my best to fix it up :)

;
;~ while 1
 If using more than one line of code in a if statement you must use the if statement as follows:
If ProcessExists("SyncBackSE.exe") = 0 Then
    ShellExecute("SyncBackSE.exe", "", "C:\Program Files\2BrightSparks\SyncBackSE")
    start("C:\Program Files\2BrightSparks\SyncBackSE\SyncBackSE.exe")
EndIf

;~  Sleep(50)
;~ WEnd

Func start($full, $flag = 0, $title = 0)
    $exe = StringTrimLeft($full, StringInStr($full, "\", 0, -1))
    $path = StringLeft($full, StringInStr($full, "\", 0, -1) - 1)
    If ProcessExists($exe) = 0 Then
        Sleep(500)
        ;Run ($full,$path)
        ShellExecute($exe, "", $path)
    EndIf

If $flag = "m" Then ; Where does this m come from??
        WinWait($title)
        Sleep(500)
        WinSetState($title, "", @SW_MINIMIZE)
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>start

I didn't know if this was the entire script but I threw in a while loop for you.

Edited by monoceres

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!