Remote Assistant

How can i view a remote computer screen ? because i have a idea to create a remote assistant application .. I though of uploading the captured screenshot to webserver by the client and downloading it by the server but it will take 10 secs for each frame .. So is there a way to do so in a quick way ?

EDIT : How can i detect if left mouse has been clicked ?

Edited by CrazeStar1074

You'd probably have to come up with a way to stream the data from the server to the client(using some kind of algorithm to compress the data to be sent), probably using the TCP, or UDP functions..

But simplest way would be to install a Remote Control server like VNC or similar(google it)..

Other ways? this wont works T.T because i can only send txt files thru TCP network ..

uhm, AutoIt can send binary data, so there's no problem there...

What exactly do you want to do? Do you intent to control this computer in some way? or do you just want to get like a screenshot of the remote computer?

Same function as Remote Assistant , i wanted to assist my friends on configuring their computer .. Im not trying to get A screenshot but to view a remote computer's screen so i can know whats happening to help ..

The easiest way would be to have your friend install a remote control client, like RealVNC or UltraVNC.

Your friend would just have to put a password just you and him know on it, and open the port it uses in his firewall.

Otherwise I'm not sure but I think taking a screenshot and perhaps using some kind of compression tool to quickly compress the image, then sending it with TCPSend to a server/client(depending on how you wanna do this) running on your computer.

He would have to open some port in his firewall if you make it a server which listens for a connection on his computer, alternatively you could make the server on your computer, and write a script (a client) that connects to it, and send that to him - that would not require him to open a port, but you will have to. :)

I believe I've seen a couple of UDFs around here on the forum that can take a snapshot/screenshot of the screen and save it as a image file, which I guess you could use..

Edit:

How can i detect if left mouse has been clicked ?

Have a look at _IsPressed in the helpfile. :)

Edited by FreeFry

So is there any way to view a remote computer's screen ?

Yes. You were told already (UltraVNC):

Were you expecting to write something better in AutoIt? No matter what you do there will need to be some kind of server software on the machine you are attempting to view.

Both of it includes remote controlling of the desktop but i only wanted remote viewing because the controlling function will be programmed by me using autoit myself..

EDIT : I know a server is needed on my computer that will be viewing the remote computer , thats obvious =x

Edited by CrazeStar1074

Both of it includes remote controlling of the desktop but i only wanted remote viewing because the controlling function will be programmed by me using autoit myself..

EDIT : I know a server is needed on my computer that will be viewing the remote computer , thats obvious =x

Actually in the case of remote viewing, the "server" is the computer you are connecting to. You will not be able to write something with any of the capability of UltraVNC. Just use that.

Actually in the case of remote viewing, the "server" is the computer you are connecting to. You will not be able to write something with any of the capability of UltraVNC. Just use that.

In any way can i send a screenshot over the TCP / UDP network ? And can autoit take a video or what ?

VNC gives you real-time control over a remote computer, not a screenshot. You actually control the mouse and keyboard like you are sitting in front of the remote machine. You can also transfer files between the client and server and there is some copy/ paste support from the client machine to the server window.

Copilot may be a better alternative for you since there is no need to change either firewall.

Edited by weaponx

Basically, you can't do what VNC does with AutoIt, not at any reasonable speed.

Now, you can embed either VNC or RDP in a AutoIt Window (not sure how, but I know it can be done), and control it within that window. But, as far as making your own, I'd say don't, you'll never be happy with it.

I don't know why you just want to "view" the screen of whoever you're wanting to help, as it would be easier to help if you, yourself could control it...

In any case, you can set up the UltraVNC server to be view-only if you really want to go this way..

I don't know why you just want to "view" the screen of whoever you're wanting to help, as it would be easier to help if you, yourself could control it...

In any case, you can set up the UltraVNC server to be view-only if you really want to go this way..

I've already said i dont want to use external program .. And i have already programmed to control a remote computer but i just dont have the ability to VIEW the screen..