Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skippynz

how do i stop a screen from appearing

3 posts in this topic

hi all - im running the command below in a script to map network printers which is all fine and dandy but i want to completly hide the splash screen that appears as the driver is being installed - does anyone know of a way that this can be done. ??

_RunDOS( 'rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /y /q /n \\servername\printername')

Thanks in advance.

Craig

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

If the splash screen stays up long enough, you might be able to use the AutoIt Window Info tool to get it's title or other info about the window. Then use WinSetState with @SW_HIDE as the third parameter, immediately after or like 1 second after the Run command is executed.

Edited by Squirrely1

Das Häschen benutzt Radar

If the splash screen stays up long enough, you might be able to use the AutoIt Window Info tool to get it's title or other info about the window. Then use WinSetState with @SW_HIDE as the third parameter, immediately after or like 1 second after the Run command is executed.

thats the problem its a print driver install - and its the progress bar that appears - the bosses like the script but dont like the window that appears as its on a citrix server the script runs ever time a user opens an application - so i either need to find a way to hide the progress bar or i need to find another way of installing the printers (of which the drivers are installed on the server already)

cheers

Craig