System Startup

Do u mean windows recovery console (defined)?

or do u mean a recovery console (meaning 1 of many) ?

I tryed using the xp install cds recovery but didnt see any options that cpuld help in this situation !

Plz expand on what you mean.

I've never had much success with the recovery console, particularaly with registry problems.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Using the recovery console and manually restoring a backup copy of the registry has worked for me. Its how I fixed my last major PC problem where my registry got hosed by a bugged program.

Suffice to say stick with the startup directory suggested unless you know what your doing. This is particularly important when dealing with winlongin or winloging/shell keys for nt/2000. There are more than 50 different known and so called "unknown ways" to have your apps run at startup. Stick with simplicity untill you are farmiliar with the registry and know how to back up and restore it.

Oh dear... I drop the forum for a couple of days and I am blamed of destroying others computer?

I am sorry Nova, in fact I pointed to a old topic about the key. It was for WinNT 4.

You still found the key and so the way of modifing it should the same...

But, as t0ddie said, I could not know that you were going to destroy your register.

Anyway, before touching a such delicate part of the system you DID a backup right? EruNT exists for this reason.

I guess you did not backup this time. But indeed do it next time. EruNT saved me a couple of times (via recovery console). :idiot:

I am indeed sorry.

Edited by ezzetabi

Suffice to say stick with the startup directory suggested unless you know what your doing. This is particularly important when dealing with winlongin or winloging/shell keys for nt/2000. There are more than 50 different known and so called "unknown ways" to have your apps run at startup. Stick with simplicity untill you are farmiliar with the registry and know how to back up and restore it.

@coffee a little credit plz :idiot: , I know how to back up the reg,I just didnt this time because I didnt want to wait 25mins because I was in a rush

I made the reg value in question call a .au3 script I really should have compiled it.

ezzetabi this is in now way at all your fault !

No I didnt create a backup ,I was in a rush so its my fault, I know stupid mistake but ill learn from it.

Tnx to everyone for all your help on this subject...

Edited by nova

Well since we are off topic anyway (check with your doctor 1st):

To Cure head lice (little bugs on your hair):

1.- shave off both sides of your head but leave a 2 inch strip on the middle

2.- set the 2 inch strip of hair on fire

3.- once the lice run out of the fire stab them with an icepick

4.- no more head lice

use the same procedure for crabs on your southern region.

p.s. thanks to Conway & Steck for this cure. I havent tried it and of course would check

with a doctor before trying it :idiot:

a shortcut in startup should be used if you're not ready to mess with

THE REGISTRY.