Sign in to follow this  
fry128

Is there any way to stop a script...

fry128

Is there any way to stop a script from executing and having it just wait for input again?

I'm trying to make a script to automatically click places, but if i happen to press it twice, it'll go twice.

What I want it to do is press a button that would cancel the script from executing but still remain open and not continue where it stopped.

Is this feasible?

Achilles

Is there any way to stop a script from executing and having it just wait for input again?

It depends on what you want as input. Do you mean an actual Inputbox or just wait until the user presses a key. Either of those would be possible, if that's what you want.

I'm trying to make a script to automatically click places, but if i happen to press it twice, it'll go twice.

What do you press twice? If you double click you .au3 file and the entire script runs twice you could just add the _SingleTon function to stop that. If you're pressing a button or using a hotkey, you could disable it until you're done with you're first iteration.

What I want it to do is press a button that would cancel the script from executing but still remain open and not continue where it stopped.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. How would you stop a script from executing and keep the same script open?

Is this feasible?

I'm pretty sure everything you mentioned is feasible, to me it just seems as if you're descriptions are rather vague.

Look for any functions I mentioned in the autoit helpfile that comes when you install AutoIt.

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]