Speeding up Autoit scripts? Or a faster language?

Python ... somebody can tell me about it? and where i can find out more ?

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

Links here.

From the Python website:

Python is a dynamic object-oriented programming language that can be used for many kinds of software development. It offers strong support for integration with other languages and tools, comes with extensive standard libraries, and can be learned in a few days. Many Python programmers report substantial productivity gains and feel the language encourages the development of higher quality, more maintainable code.

Edited by zfisherdrums

Check http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry493137

Depending on what you exactly want I think AutoIt is not neccesarily to slow.

Based on screenshots you can get quikly the information you want: Check forum also for GetDIBits, PixelChecksum and the link above will give you a sample how you could do things fast (depending on the definition of fast)

I presume autoit is also programmed by C++ so it should be the same speed as vb or C++ ?

WRONG!!!

AutoIt scripts are interpreted by C++. AutoIt was coded in C++ to parse the scripts you give, but is never directly compiled to actual machine code ().

C++ in itself is many times faster than AutoIt, but can be much harder to learn. If you want to learn to program in a faster language try C# or Visual Basic.

Also why don't you post your script here. I am sure someone might be able to rewrite some of the functions to perform quicker...

C++ in itself is many times faster than AutoIt, but can be much harder to learn. If you want to learn to program in a faster language try C# or Visual Basic.

I agree with that .. I've seen some C++ scripts on wikipedia and they looks so confusing for me =x

P.S. : Look at my sig "My enemies are white and blue" and see your sig =x lol

Edited by xVivoCity

Hi,

I also use Python (Pythonwin) on xp srvpk2, to supplement the functions of Autoit.

If you can manage even the most basic of tasks with autoit, then learning Python should pose no challenge to you.

Look into compiled (.pyc) python scripts, as this is most likely what you are looking for.

Follow the links already suggested and you'll be on your way!

All the best,

Si

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves possess.