How can I make a dll?

I've never tried any of the dll commands. Is it possible to make a dll? I noticed you can make a dll in vb6 pro, but can I make in AutoIt. And what can it be used for? Can have settings and images for my scripts saved in a dll file?

Thank you.

I've never tried any of the dll commands. Is it possible to make a dll? I noticed you can make a dll in vb6 pro, but can I make in AutoIt. And what can it be used for? Can have settings and images for my scripts saved in a dll file?

Thank you.

You can't make a dll with AutoIt.

You can make a dll with some other languages like C,C++, VB, Delphi, free C and others.

A dll can be used to contains icons. The easiest way to do this (easiest way I know) is to find a dll which already has icons, add your own, delete the original ones and rename the dll using Reshacker.

A dll can be written to provide functions which can't, or can't easily, be written in AutoIt. An existing dll can be used to add functions to your script. For example, printing in AutoIt is quite difficult but very easy in Delphi so I wrote a dll in Delphi. ( see in my signature). The API calls are the most commonly used ones I guess.

Many of the things you might want to do can be done without a dll. Look at FileInstall in the help and Zedna's udf.

Better to store settings in an ini file or the registry IMO.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.